Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ar tonelico Qoga ~Knell of Ar Ciel~ Rated M by ESRB

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Ar tonelico Qoga ~Knell of Ar Ciel~ Rated M by ESRB

Hey kids, do you like jumblies? How about fun bags, silicon sallies, honkers, or high beams? Well, if you're under the age of eighteen, you're out of luck, as the latest Ar tonelico game has a shiny M rating from the ESRB.

Story.

Ihate the new title. It's so stupid compared with Ar Tonelico III
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

is this rating a surprise or something......

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Well, as Nyx wrote, previous Ar Tonelico games were rated T, so the M rating is at the least new for the series.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

This game also has your fighter characters, male and female alike, running around in their underwear for the entire remainder of the battle once they use their super move. So yeah.
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

i can't pronounce the title of this game.

Crazed Bullet Miser StormofSwords's Avatar
    So to be clear; is there or is there not full nudity in this game? Understand this is an important question.
    Madness is a complete statement. Saying more would be pointless.

Yeah, if they're not having FULL nudity, but still suggesting more than they should then I guess the Mature-rating SHOULD be enforced. Although WHY the chose to go this far with it, I'll never know. Maybe they figure if Agarest Wars II can get more... risque, then maybe they should to up the ante. Not saying I support this move, but that this was probably their thinking behind this decision. Oh, and one LAST question. Are NIS releasing this one EXCLUSIVELY or are they having someone else bring it over? That too could be the determining factor on whether or not it will be toned down. It sounds like they're just trying to raise the eyebrows of the sensors to me. If they're not careful with that, the game won't come here at all. Hmmm... having seen some of the pics, I get the feeling they're trying to go as risque as they can. AT 2 was pretty tame, but THIS... I dunno. They look like they're DESPERATELY trying for the Mature rating. This is almost TOO much. Just PLEASE don't tell me there's yuri in there. The yuri overtones in AT 2 nearly made me sick.

@LordKaiser: The M-rating doesn't concern me... it's more to the point that they're actually going with it. If this is going to be a lot more racier than the first two, I'd kind of like to know a bit more about it rather than just the dirty language. Just HOW far are they going? I mean, when I saw Agarest Wars 2, I thought that was a little extreme, but if they're planning to have AT 3 to do the same type of update, then I dunno... some games just DON'T need that, you know? I thought AT games were SUPPOSED to be about good writing... not how fast you could mess with your Aeristavis... and YES, pretty girls.

But I'm still probably going to at least TRY it. As long as the story isn't hindered by anything like a bad translation or anything, it's just going to be another RPG to me.
    Last edited by reionpremente; 01-20-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    Are NIS releasing this one EXCLUSIVELY or are they having someone else bring it over?
    NISA is publishing it in America for Gust.

M rating don't have any effect on me thankfully. I will preoder it and imagine the title is not there.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Nudity, underage looking girls? Ar Tonelico? Mature rating?

Yeeeeeessss....

I can't find this on Amazon yet, is the release window still accurate?

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lolwhoops View Post
    i can't pronounce the title of this game.
    I've chosen to pronounce it 'Koh-gah'. Having not had my own PS until Monday (ignoring the PSX I bought for 5 solely to play FFIX a few years ago), this series is something I know nothing about and need to investigate.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Prod with the Prod The Doomhammer's Avatar
    underage looking girls?
    Yeeeeeessss....
    Startin' to weird me out here Rahl.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doomhammer View Post
    Psssh. You're one to talk.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Full rating description.

I love how casually they throw this in the end.

The words "sh*t," "a*shole," and "b*tch," appear in the dialogue.
    I haven't played the other two, and the thought hadn't occurred to me before, but did the other games use curse words like that?

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Full rating description.

I love how casually they throw this in the end.

I haven't played the other two, and the thought hadn't occurred to me before, but did the other games use curse words like that?
    Yep, they do. Ar tonelico one had the b with the itch word appear numerous times!

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    I can't find this on Amazon yet, is the release window still accurate?
    The Europe release is March 25th if that helps. (Published by Tecmo-Koei)
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I wonder if the M rating will help or hurt sales. What do you think?
    ---
    I hope they bug-test this one. AT2 had at least one major bug with an optional boss. Thank goodness someone wrote a patch.
    ---
    This lame title is begging for a rap...
    It sure would be swell,
    To play Knell of Ar Ciel,
    I wasn't gonna buy it,
    But now that it's an M,
    Why not? What the hell.
    Last edited by Slayer; 01-20-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: loco

Yeah, thank goodness for Replakia, too.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by The Doomhammer View Post
    Heh heh heh.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief