Thread: Hyperdimension Neptunia Will Be Premium

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Hyperdimension Neptunia Will Be Premium

The heroines of Hyperdimension Neptunia may be the patrons of game consoles, but they are willing to try other media if it will help sell their game. Another deck of playing cards never hurt anyone, after all.

[Link]

cool. i like art books.

Well i just bought my copy

Greeeeeeat. Playing cards, just what we needed again.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Playing cards? You mean little box with 52+ little pieces of artwork that can be rearranged at your convenience? Sold. (Actually I had my preorder in within 6 hours of them opening, back on the 18th.)
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

not sure about this game. i'll wait for reviews. right now it looks incredibly shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    not sure about this game. i'll wait for reviews. right now it looks incredibly shallow.
    Shallow? How so?

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

No details on battle system, locations in game, dungeons, characters, or other gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    No details on battle system, locations in game, dungeons, characters, or other gameplay
    Got it, so we don't know much about it. Doesn't mean it is shallow. I mean, it has to have those things, right? So until we know about them, maybe a batter description is mysterious?

www.powerlinemag.com

That's because everyone pretty much knows by now it's an upgraded version of Trinity universe, featuring console-tans who must overcome their long standing console wars to band together and fight against piracy. Expect plenty of geeky self referential gameindustri jokes and humor, as well as some fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
    That's because everyone pretty much knows by now it's an upgraded version of Trinity universe,
    If it is an upgraded version of trinity universe it gonna be the best game in existence, I loved that game

Banned Banned
    It's an Idea Factory game, so it's probably mediocre like all their other games. I like the premise of this one though, so I'd like to be proven wrong.

One nice thing about this is that NISA's online store has recently adopted free shipping, or so an email I received from them last night claims. I preordered Atelier Rorona from them but shipping sat an astounding $12, which is kind of ridiculous no matter how fast the package arrived (mine actually arrived the Saturday before the official street date, which would have been nice if I didn't have to work all weekend long...) But, uh, yeah. Free shipping from NISA store!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
    That's because everyone pretty much knows by now it's an upgraded version of Trinity universe, featuring console-tans who must overcome their long standing console wars to band together and fight against piracy. Expect plenty of geeky self referential gameindustri jokes and humor, as well as some fanservice.
    There is nothing inherently wrong with this.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Well, RPGamer hasn't really reviewed Trinity Universe, so we don't know if upgrading it is worth much note.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
    There is nothing inherently wrong with this.
    Not at all.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    Well, RPGamer hasn't really reviewed Trinity Universe, so we don't know if upgrading it is worth much note.
    We were suppose to have a review, but the reviewer seems to be taking his dear sweet time writing that review (We still love you, Silk!)

My limited budget will probably keep me from this title.

Yeah, $60 had better be a pretty awesome game.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain