Thread: Magicka to Cast a Spell Digitally Tomorrow

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Magicka to Cast a Spell Digitally Tomorrow

Get ready to set enemies and friends on fire, as Magicka releases digitally tomorrow. Find out why wizard's can't swim or get girlfriends, as Arrowhead Studios provides more fun tidbits before the game's release.

Story.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    This game kinda came out of nowhere, but I'm intrigued by it. Not something I'm going to run out and buy immediately but a co-op, light, spellslinging game sounds fun.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I've played enough games with friendly fire I'm not sure I'd jump in unless a big group of known friends were. *mumbles and walks off with a pot on her head...stupid Fox and his stupid lighting me on fire in Zelda*

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I've played enough games with friendly fire I'm not sure I'd jump in unless a big group of known friends were. *mumbles and walks off with a pot on her head...stupid Fox and his stupid lighting me on fire in Zelda*
    Based on what I've seen with L4D I'm inclined to agree here.

EDIT: GamersGate has it listed for $9.99. That's lower than I expected. Nice.
    Last edited by shoptroll; 01-24-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Really interesting concept that's only kind of fun in practice

Feels really clunky when you're trying to maneuver around and also queue up elements to cast spells

Even by the end of the demo I found myself just spamming a couple spell combinations that were easy and effective

Might be more fun/hectic with more people, but I'm not sure I want to spend $10 to find out when I have so much other stuff in my backlog