Thread: Two Worlds II - Impression

Two Worlds II - Impression

Two Worlds II is upon us. To cut straight to the point, not only is the game not bad, it's actually good. Learn why and see what's included with the Royal Edition inside.

Two Worlds II Impression
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

The game was indeed a positive surprise. Glad you like it. The story isn't amazing and voice acting a mixed bag. Some framerate drops in big towns, but other than that, the game is fun. My favorite things about the game would be the soundtrack, graphics and the flexibility in battles and the spell customization.

I tend to only complain about framerate stuff and voice acting if it really bothers me, and this didn't. Might not be the most polished, but it's fun.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Maybe framerate problems are more noticeable on PS3. They aren't very frequent and only occured in the two big towns I have visited so far. But then again, the cities are big.

Can you play online with a friend?

Not the single player story. There is a village mode. Online campaign that consists of 7 linear levels, you can join 7 other players to play together. You can choose to play one on one duels or team death match. And there is also a mode called crystal capture, the only mode I haven't tried.

You have to create a new character for the online part. You can choose race when playing online. Don't remember if you can choose gender.

You can choose gender in multiplayer mode. Haven't tried it yet though.

Did you beat TW2, nim? Was just wondering how long each chapter is comparatively? I've read some people taking 20+ hours on chapter 1, but I just cleared it in 8. The others longer or shorter?
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I haven't completed it yet. I'm on chapter 2 and have played ~30h. But I do all the sidequests available at any point. Completing chapter 1 in 8 hours is normal if you only do a few sidequests + main story. It took me about 20h to finish up chapter 1, but then again I had 60 completed quests. I'd say the game could be completed in about 25 hours. I think chapter 1 takes the longest to finish.

How is the spell customization? Is magic a viable path through the game? It's the part that intrigues me the most.

I'm taking a magic path right now, so yes, it totally is. Spell customization is very broad, as you can have 4-5 spells available as the ready at any time. You can pick your element, spell type (enchantment, summon, etc.) and then add modifiers to it such damage boost, etc. I imagine there are a lot more as you go along, but that's the extend of what I've seen. You can find/buy/craft staffs to use as well, so whatever element you want to focus on, just use that type of staff. It's quick and easy to change these up, too, as you just pop into the menu anywhere and change around. If you are fighting a boss that's strong to fire, just change to ice. Simple and fun stuff.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Just put my order in for this one. It's seemingly the only decent WRPG being released before like, May or something.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    Just put my order in for this one. It's seemingly the only decent WRPG being released before like, May or something.
    Dragon Age II is out in March, Deus Ex: HR in April (most likely), and The Witcher 2 in May. It's going to be a fine, fine spring for us WRPG lovers.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I'm not sure Square Enix is going to release DE3 at the very beginning of the fiscal year. I expect something more like June or July.

DA2 looks like a cheap cash-in sequel. They're going to have to do a lot between now and march to (re)gain my interest.