Thread: Bonded Realities Now Available

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Bonded Realities Now Available

Looking for a new one dollar RPG to whet your whistle? Well, look no further than Bonded Realities, a new turn-based RPG for your Xbox 360. Released... yesterday!

Story.

I just started on this guy. Earthbound's long-lost cousin. It is fairly easy so far and I have been informed it never gets harder. Still, it is worth more than a dollar just for the sentiment alone. Buy it.

I wasn't a fan of the gameplay (too easy and overly simplistic), but I liked the game's quirkiness and general Earthbound vibe. I'd like to see him continue making RPGs since I think with a little more practice, he could make something quite awesome.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

I think the big "off" from EB was the sound effects. Earthbound had great sfx for battles. There are a lot of little weird things in this game that made me smile a lot.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    There is a review coming for this game, and I shared a lot of Zeboyd's feelings on the game. While I loved the quirky dialogue and its overall charm, it was almost too Earthnound-ish for me. So much so that it felt like it had taken too much from that game, making BR's own identity kinda lost in the fray.

But I loved the ending. The ending made me feel very squishy on the inside.

I mostly agree. I cannot find fault with the Earthbound imitating, save for that Earthbound contained some degree of challenge. An extra hour could have been inserted by making the enemies harder (tactically) and requiring a bit of fighting around. Maybe bigger dungeons with incentive to look around for goodies.