Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomura Talks FF Versus XIII, Explains Trailer

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Nomura Talks FF Versus XIII, Explains Trailer

Featuring impressive graphics, a dynamic-looking battle system, and a cast that may or may not include Brad Pitt, Versus XIII is attracting a lot of attention. Nomura has even taken time off from Tweeting about The 3rd Birthday to explain some things from the latest Versus XIII trailer.

[Story]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Should have just skipped 13-2. I mean, sure they have the graphics and battle engine already finished, from 13, just seems like a stop-gap to increase dev time for Versus.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Until they've got something remotely useful regarding the date, don't really care about it.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Wrong person sorry.

Damn why do I always mistake Nomura for Nojima.?
    Last edited by Derus; 01-27-2011 at 12:32 PM.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    "Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable."

/SIGH

Noctis sounds like an idiot...

edit: i also find this line kind of ironic since...HE'S A PRINCE.
    sup?

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    Noctis sounds like an idiot...
    He sounds like an angsty adolescent. Oh wait.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I hope that there are different slots to equip weapons and change them on the fly without entering the menu all the time. Yep I'm interested in this game so far and also in Agito.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    He sounds like an angsty adolescent. Oh wait.
    I think you mean "Oh snap!"

Pretty much...
    For a second there, I forgot i was watching a FF trailer... then Behemoth jumped in... Holy Hijacking Tanks Batman! I'm so in!

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    So I watched the video, and holy crap, it looks like crisis core on crack. AMAZING. Bring on the bad dialogue, I don't care anymore. The graphics and gameplay look EPIC!

Could this game, and 13-2 be the two games that basically tell the fans, "STFU noobs, we still know how to make badass console games". Even if 13-2 ends up sucking, Nomura is on the scene to dispense the ownage with versus 13. There is just NO way this game could suck, even if Noctis spent the entire game saying "ham sandwich" over and over again.
    sup?

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    taking a step back: remember when trailers explained themselves and the game, instead of just being a lot of flash that the designers have to explain later.

Today Nomura is to SE what Kojima is to Konami. I'm very hyped for this game.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    taking a step back: remember when trailers explained themselves and the game, instead of just being a lot of flash that the designers have to explain later.
    Eh, Nomura's interviews were basically just answering questions people had about the characters/situations they saw in the trailer, then elaborating on the combat system, since he wasn't at the press event to talk about the game.

So if they are looking for celebrity voice actors for the English version, the white haired guy at the ends looks like Malcom MacDowell or Anthony Hopkins would be a good fit. For the guy sitting on the throne (Noctis's dad I presume?) I am thinking either Alan Rickman or Christopher Lee. Just some thoughts anyway.

Overall I thought it looked pretty epic at least we have a decent amount of gameplay to look at now.

Pretty much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Methos5000 View Post
    So if they are looking for celebrity voice actors for the English version, the white haired guy at the ends looks like Malcom MacDowell or Anthony Hopkins would be a good fit. For the guy sitting on the throne (Noctis's dad I presume?) I am thinking either Alan Rickman or Christopher Lee. Just some thoughts anyway.

Overall I thought it looked pretty epic at least we have a decent amount of gameplay to look at now.
    Noctis should be Haley Joel Osment =p

No, Noctis should be Troy Baker, because then he'll get at least some measure of awesomeness.

They could use the same voice actor of Cloud in Advent Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudren View Post
    So I watched the video, and holy crap, it looks like crisis core on crack. AMAZING. Bring on the bad dialogue, I don't care anymore. The graphics and gameplay look EPIC!
    If you look closely at the battles you'll see how much they resemble Kingdom Hearts, while stylistically the game resembles Crisis Core. It's not a bad combination, though I'm predicting a lot of whining about the repetitiveness of combat and from people who can't relate to characters with personality disorders.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of the Heroes: Trails in the Sky / South Park: The Stick of Truth / Volgarr the Viking
    Broforce / Shovel Knight / Duck Tales Remastered / Final Fantasy 3 PC

# Prince Noctis, the game's main character, is strong physically, but also boasts a secret power that's possessed by all members of the royal family. He can be seen unleashing this power in an early Dengeki trailer of the game.

# Noctis appears to be a bit of a rebel, being quoted as saying, "Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable."

# Noctis travels with a group of friends who have been seen doing an Ocean's Eleven-style cool guy walk. Noctis is their leader because he is royalty, but they have a casual relationship with him and aren't afraid to tease or criticise him.
    Ugh...

On top of the semi-fun looking battle system we have now, give me: a world that is open for exploration, number of unique sidequests, and one good character/villain to overshadow Noctis and other overdone bishounen archetypes... please?

Pretty much...
    Quote Originally Posted by colormonster View Post
    Ugh...

...On top of the semi-fun looking battle system we have now, give me: a world that is open for exploration...
    I'm pretty sure you're getting this