Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trails in the Sky Limited Edition Busting at the Seams

Trails in the Sky Limited Edition Busting at the Seams

We have a handful of new screens to check out for Trails in the Sky, because after all, any more would be a waste. The Limited Edition is also busting at the seams. If you want a feel for what's inside the package, let your imagination wander no longer.

Story
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    This looks like a lovely pre-order bonus. I definitely want to take a closer look at this game when it releases.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    This was next on my import list, might have to go a bit further for the special edition now
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderator ChickenGod's Avatar
    I'll be getting it for sure! Also glad to see its still targeted for March, can't wait to finally play it.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach

ChickenGod, I feel like I have to get it to see what all the fuss is about. This game is budget priced, so it's no big deal if it's a flop.

Reading the marketing-esque description in the news story, it sounds like this is a good game for you if you value story over gameplay. I'm not that type of gamer (I like gameplay over story), but I feel like I have to get this anyway.

What I'd like to know: Why is this game budget priced if it requires such a great amount of translation effort to localize?

Scratch that, think I'm definitely wrong
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 02-01-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Ignore me!
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk

I've pre-ordered and purchased every LoH game thus far but have yet to beat any of them. I really need to buck this trend. Either way the game looks good and I'll be picking it up if anything just to support XSeed and Falcom.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    ChickenGod, I feel like I have to get it to see what all the fuss is about. This game is budget priced, so it's no big deal if it's a flop.

Reading the marketing-esque description in the news story, it sounds like this is a good game for you if you value story over gameplay. I'm not that type of gamer (I like gameplay over story), but I feel like I have to get this anyway.

What I'd like to know: Why is this game budget priced if it requires such a great amount of translation effort to localize?
    Because nobody would buy it if it were more expensive! (: People don't have as much money to spend on games these days as they once did, and the PSP is a system that's nearing the end of its life-cycle. It wouldn't make any sense to release a game at "full price" in today's market.

Also, do be prepared: this game is VERY MUCH story over gameplay. You've gotta be ready for a looooot of reading when you play this one... but it's worth it, as it probably has one of the most highly-detailed, well-explained, thorough plots ever to grace a JRPG. The beauty of this game very definitely lies in its extensive world and character development.

-Tom

*ahem*

MOTHER OF GOD YES. /drool

*cough*

I want this. Bad.

Banned Banned
    It's still hard to believe this is really happening. Until the very moment when it got announced for localization, I was absolutely convinced it would never see a release outside of Japan.

I wonder if TITS will be released on NGP flash carts or... I don't know what will happen exactly with the NGP because Sony is not very clear.
    Last edited by LordKaiser; 02-01-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

10 minutes ago I knew nothing about this game. Now it's on my to-play list. Curse you, RPGamer, curse you.

Nice, I was hoping this would get an LE.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I wonder if TITS will be released on NGP flash carts or... I don't know what will happen exactly with the NGP because Sony is not very clear.
    "A standard version and digital download will also be available, each for $29.99."
    Sony has answered that. NGP plays PSP titles that are downloaded from the PSN store.

What is NGP?

This will be a first day purchase (I'll be pre-ordering it online, actually).

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

Ngp = psp2
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I'm sure there'll be TITS on many an NGP.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Macstorm View Post
    Ngp = psp2
    Yawn. I am not impressed. I would prefer a more dedicated gaming handheld. It looks like they are trying to shoehorn a cell phone / PDA / hand held gaming device into one form factor. It sounds like it will be a jack of all trades and master of none.

Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business

That's not at all what they are doing with the NGP. It's not a phone and they've not shown any PDA type functions. They played it up as just a gaming machine...
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Man, I'm really looking forward to playing with some TitS