Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ys I & II Chronicles Shows Off Fire and Kangaroos

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Ys I & II Chronicles Shows Off Fire and Kangaroos

We have a few more screenshots and a new trailer for the upcoming Ys I & II remake on the PSP. If you want to know how the kangaroos come into it, you'll need to see for yourself.

[Link]

Darm Tower.... What a maze it was...
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

I JUST replayed these on DS, but I'm tempted to do it again now lol

Darm wasn't really that bad. I actually had more trouble with the starting dungeon of Ys 2 than I did with Darm.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Yeah, Darm Tower is actually pretty linear when you get right down to it. The path splits EVERY NOW AND AGAIN, but mostly, you're just... going up. (:

Now the Shrine of Solomon in Ys II? *THAT* is a maze.

Hell, most of the dungeons in Ys II are. I still get lost every time I try to navigate the Ice Ridge of Noltia.

-Tom

Definitely getting this along with Oath in Felghana. Just finished Ark of Napishtim and loved it.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of the Heroes: Trails in the Sky / South Park: The Stick of Truth / Volgarr the Viking
    Broforce / Shovel Knight / Duck Tales Remastered / Final Fantasy 3 PC

Yep but Darm tower confuses you in a way that you don't know if you're going up or down. Oh and Zaku77 after you get the PSP superior version you can smash the DS version to pieces AVGN style.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Does the psp version have more the the DS? I just bought the DS one last month because I've never played one but heard they are great and they sound interesting. Would it be worth it to buy 1 and 2 on the PSP also?

Can't say if it has MORE. I can say that the PSP version is made by Falcom where the DS one was a port from another company. I tried the DS one and it felt clunky to me, but the PSP version has been smooth so far.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Banned Banned
    The awesome music is also held back by the DS' horrible archaic sound chip, but this isn't an issue in the PSP version. It also looks and plays much better and has several options for art and music. It's far superior to that mess on the DS.

Any idea if the extra area in the DS version might be in the PSP one? The Vageux-Vardette crater thing? Because if so maybe I'll just sale the DS version and eventually get the psp one... It's sounding like it's better...

Also, thanks for all with my questions and such Wikipeda can only help so much XD

The bonus area from the DS version is *not* in the PSP game... but honestly, it's nothing special. It feels really tacked on, and adds exactly nothing to the plot. (:

And yeah, I realize there's a conflict of interests here (I'm an XSEED employee, so of COURSE I'm going to hype the game!)... but in all seriousness, the DS version of the game is a very different experience from the PSP version, as it actually has an entirely different combat system. And while there ARE people who enjoy the DS version's combat system... most people seem to agree that it's a bit clunky, and that Falcom's own take on the game for PC and PSP feels far more natural.

I'd encourage you to try both, though, and see for yourself which you prefer.

-Tom

I can't talk to the DS version, but I don't think I'm breaking embargo when I say that the PSP version is really fast and is easy to get into. Enjoying it much more than I expected to.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Sweet! Glad to hear it. (:

-Tom

Thank you very much for all your help I might look into the PSP one. Might as well I barely have any games for it ^_^;;;; And I would like to play a great verions of Ys 1 and 2 since I hear such great things about the series

You should run right out and get Oath In Feglhana as well. That game is just so good.

Oath in Felghana is godly, I agree.
    SEVEN is fun too.

Anyways, can't wait for this on the 22nd, though I'll be heavily involved with Dragon Quest VI and Tactics Ogre, so Ys may need to wait, temporarily at least.

I've been keeping an eye out for it at Gamestop Got 7 last Friday I will get to it.. Maybe after I finish FF4 complete collection cause I know no game will be played when that comes out. I've waited for a sequel to that game since 1991. And I want to enjoy Ys so I will wait. Because I'd just try to rush through it if I start it soon..

I've got RPG problems too, DQVI comes out early next week, as well as Tactics Ogre, also Ys I & II Chronicles and Radiant Historia the week after, so some games are going to have to wait unfortunately, firstly I'll be playing DQVI since I waited 15 years for it.

Then later on there's Dissidia 012, The 3rd Birthday and FFIV Complete Collection among other things, way too many games...
    And if the InFamous 2 release date is indeed in May, and I'll need to shell out $100 for that Hero edition, gragh.