Thread: Atlus Mega Sale On for a Limited Time

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Atlus Mega Sale On for a Limited Time

Does your PSP need some good old fashion lovin'? Well, Atlus is having a mega sale, and I'm sure that poor neglected black brick could use a new game or two. Y'know, to show that you haven't abandoned it.

Story

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    My PSP is silver and isn't abandoned and Nyxy says I don't count waaaaah.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Hah hah, I play my PSP all the time! Certainly more than my DS. That said, I don't believe in downloading a game unless it is digital only, and even then,I don't support digital only, so this doesn't effect me at all.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

arrrg why!? why now!? why not wait until after i buy the new games coming out? this makes me cry with my wallet in my hand.

Maybe some people have better ethics than me, but if you're not going to actually own the thing and be able to hold it in your hand, you're just paying for the "right" to download it. Why not just pirate the damn thing >_>

I'm not promoting piracy, I have over 500 physical games. I'm just not a fan of digital downloads because it seems so pointless to pay for it.

Why? Because you can't hold it in your hand? I downloaded and played Jeanne D'arc for PSP. I got 40 hours out of the game, great value. I still have the game on a memory stick and I am able to play it whenever I feel like it. I'm not saying you should like Digital downloads, but I don't think it is right to think that piracy is justified because you can't hold something in your hand.

The contents of my memory stick:
    Jeanne D'arc
    Brave Story: New Traveller
    Suikoden

I have the memory stick, it is physical, and it currently holds three games with room for more. How is this any different from CDs?

Monster Lover
    I'm with Nim on this one.

I like physical copies as I'm one of the, sometimes it seems very few, people that actually reads the entire manual before playing a game.

But at the same time it's kind of cool to have Suikoden and select Final Fantasy's on my memory card. There's just something pleasant about being able to play a game handheld, save, head home, and then continue playing on the TV through the PS3.

Hell, right now the only games I can play on my PS3 are PSN store games as it's disc reader crapped out on me several months ago and I'm too paranoid to send it off somewhere with the possibility of never seeing it again (it's second hand, no warranty).

It boggles my mind that Class of Heroes is still as expensive as it is

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Now, is the perfect time to "future proof" your Atlus PSP library so that you are all set for the PSP2 (NGP).

Eurogamer speaking here:
    When I buy a Knights in the Nightmare will I get a free copy of Yggdra Union with it?
    I already have Yggdra Union UMD, but with my recent move onto PSPgo it would sweeten the deal a lot...enough to warrant a US PSN-Account and importing US-PSN-cash at least.

New Member New Registered User finalhour's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Prinny View Post
    Eurogamer speaking here:
    When I buy a Knights in the Nightmare will I get a free copy of Yggdra Union with it?
    I already have Yggdra Union UMD, but with my recent move onto PSPgo it would sweeten the deal a lot...enough to warrant a US PSN-Account and importing US-PSN-cash at least.
    I bought KiTN through PSN a few days ago and I didn't see any mention or link to a download for Yggdra. I think that deal might be with the UMD version only.

As for the value of digital, I don't mind getting download copies. As I get older I find I care less and less about having stuff on my shelves. However I generally only buy when they are discounted like this. I don't like paying the same as I would for a brand new physical version as there's no resale value.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, I think the true growth of digital downloads for consoles will come when they realize that they need to charge less for digital downloads than they do for physical copies. It's sure worked well on the PC side of things.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Sorry, I'm a PSN n00b. Can someone explain how this works? I go to the PSN store and purchase these games -- then what happens? They send me a link somehow to download it? Then I save it on my computer and transfer it from the computer to the PSP memory card? Is that right?

I bought the Dissidia silver PSP bundle and it came with a 2 GB memory card -- how big are the games you download? How many do you suppose I could fit on my card?

Lastly, if you could only buy two of the games listed, which two would you recommend? I see that one is a Tactical RPG, and I really fancy those... but I have never heard of it, to be honest.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberi Fatali View Post
    Sorry, I'm a PSN n00b. Can someone explain how this works? I go to the PSN store and purchase these games -- then what happens? They send me a link somehow to download it? Then I save it on my computer and transfer it from the computer to the PSP memory card? Is that right?

I bought the Dissidia silver PSP bundle and it came with a 2 GB memory card -- how big are the games you download? How many do you suppose I could fit on my card?

Lastly, if you could only buy two of the games listed, which two would you recommend? I see that one is a Tactical RPG, and I really fancy those... but I have never heard of it, to be honest.
    You can buy games directly on your PSP, PS3, or on your PC via Sony's MediaGo software. It all has to be done through their store and there are 3 ways to get there. oh, and PSP games vary in size from say 100MBs to 1.6Gbs

Quote Originally Posted by risingsun View Post
    You can buy games directly on your PSP, PS3, or on your PC via Sony's MediaGo software. It all has to be done through their store and there are 3 ways to get there. oh, and PSP games vary in size from say 100MBs to 1.6Gbs
    Bollocks. Looks like I need a bigger memory card. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by finalhour View Post
    I bought KiTN through PSN a few days ago and I didn't see any mention or link to a download for Yggdra. I think that deal might be with the UMD version only.

[...]
    Thank you for your input.

I remember reading that the free Yggdra Union Copy was only included"as long as supply last" or something along that line.

However how "supply" is calculated with an digital product is still mind-boggling ...

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberi Fatali View Post
    Bollocks. Looks like I need a bigger memory card. Thanks!
    If you already have some on there they don't have to remain on the memory card, you can copy across the game folder (not explicitly labelled as 'Game X' but folder size is a good hint what game that folder contains) to a laptop/pc/external hard drive then stick it back on the memory card later, just make sure to not change any files/names.
    "Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)