Thread: Torchlight to Drop on XBLA in March

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Torchlight to Drop on XBLA in March

Torchlight is helping to get the House Party started on Xbox Live Arcade. Bring the grog, and loot, loot, loot!

Story.

Any word on this coming to the PS3?

It's not coming to the PS3. The publisher is Microsoft.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    It's not coming to the PS3. The publisher is Microsoft.
    So was Braid which saw release on the PS3 after some time. In other words, if Runic thinks it's worth their time they could do a port.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    In other words, if Runic thinks it's worth their time they could do a port.
    Which would be relevant if the FAQ on their site didn't already say it's not coming to PS3. No demurring, no "we're interested if a publisher is."

True. It sounds like they're focusing on TL2 and since the XBLA port was done in-house they probably don't have the resources to devote to a PS3 port.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    Which would be relevant if the FAQ on their site didn't already say it's not coming to PS3. No demurring, no "we're interested if a publisher is."
    That and I think that I read somewhere that Sony dragged their feet when Runic approached them about bringing Torchlight to PSN and by the time that Sony finally got around to talking to them Runic had already secured a publishing deal with Microsoft.

- Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff risingsun's Avatar
    Now I'm not sure where to get this game. On Steam or XBLA.

Although to be honest, I really want to see Torchlight on the Mac App store. That would be my first choice. Anyone have any idea if it will show up there?

New Member New Registered User
    As good as Torchlight is, not having multiplayer kills any want to purchase this for me. I've played the PC version, and enjoyed it, but wished I could play with my friends I used to play Diablo 2 with. You would think with X-Box Live being RIGHT THERE, they'd include multiplayer. Ah well, will have to wait for Torchlight 2.

Quote Originally Posted by risingsun View Post
    Now I'm not sure where to get this game. On Steam or XBLA.

Although to be honest, I really want to see Torchlight on the Mac App store. That would be my first choice. Anyone have any idea if it will show up there?
    Probably should show up on Mac app store at some point. They have a Mac version on Steam and their official site so I don't think it should be an issue for them to get Apple's blessing.

As for XBLA version... how much do you want to use a controller vs. mod support? The mod community appears to have a done a ton with the game, and you probably won't have that on XBLA.

EDIT: Part of the reason they didn't do MP for XBLA is that it would've required a lot of balancing work for the skills. They've talked a fair bit about skill balance with multiplayer which is why they didn't patch it into TL1 and opted to just do it with TL2 where they were starting from scratch with new classes.

I'm thinking Torchlight on Xbox Live is actually more of a warm-up for Torchlight 2 on Live. Get people familiar with the game, then introduce a new version with online multiplayer...and jack up the price, heh.
    Last edited by TG Barighm; 02-10-2011 at 10:07 AM.