Thread: Ar tonelico Qoga ~Knell of Ar Ciel~ - Impression

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Ar tonelico Qoga ~Knell of Ar Ciel~ - Impression

The Reyvateils of Ar Ciel want to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day. Get ready to join their Purge Party on March 15, as they will shower you with bouncing breasts galore. While you're at it, check out our impression of the game to see how well how well we're holding up from the boobie overload.

Boobs, boobs, boobies, ba-ba-ba-boobs, boobs, boobs...

Actually, from what I saw NISA (again) upped the subtext again in the dialogue, something that irritates me. Also, I don't think the Purge system is that embarassing, the only questionable parts I found were in Finnel's Cosmoshpere. It's also worth mentioning that the AI of the non-controlled characters is basically zero.

Hmmm, well... the Purge system never really was that good to me in the first place. I never could understand how to use it properly. And by the time I had finally figured out how to work with it, the game was mostly finished (I'm talking about 2 BTW). What they need to do is POINT OUT JUST HOW IMPORTANT it is to do the things that they politely suggest in the game's dialog AND actually do it. The game never really said, "You have to do this and this is not just a suggestion!" I was really hurting near the end of the game because I honestly HADN'T done EVERYTHING in the game and that's one big thing NIS should clarify. You can't just go on in the game and just expect it to be explained to you... you really HAVE to know what you're doing and/or do it EXACTLY when they tell you to otherwise you WILL be up a creek without a paddle. So when they said make sure you do EVERYTHING, they actually mean it!

*whew* Sorry, I just had to point this out for the newbies coming into the series. Make sure you do EVERYTHING they tell you to do and KEEP doing it until you reach the end of the game. Don't just try one thing and skip the rest... DO IT ALL. Which reminds me, I probably should practice what I preach. :P
    Last edited by reionpremente; 02-14-2011 at 01:29 PM.

The game has a couple branches in the story but it doesn't tell you that precisely though 8P

NISA/Gust should try and get this one noticed by Fox News.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Purging is performed by holding L1, L2, R1, R2 and shaking the controller.
    ---
    Can you change the game settings to turn off the aforementioned shaking?

As far as I remember you can't. I should also point out the Purge animations (which are shown only if the shaking is done at a precise moment) are skippable and can be omitted via the option menu.
    Last edited by zazzarere; 02-16-2011 at 05:33 AM.