Thread: Yakuza 4 Demo Now Available on PSN

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Yakuza 4 Demo Now Available on PSN

A wave of criminal violence has been unleashed upon the PlayStation Network. If you want a taste of what the world of Japanese organized crime is like, now is the time.

[Link]

Need to finish yakuza 3 first.

*shakes fist at backlog*

Banned Banned
    I liked Yakuza 3 enough to platinum it despite those diabolical minigames. Wonder if I'll like this one as much, but either way it's already a guaranteed purchase.

So did the Dragon Age II demo. 5 guesses what I'm more interested in?

Banned Banned
    Not sure. My initial guess would be the better game (Yakuza 4), but since you posted a trollface I have to assume you're trying to agitate people by backing the obviously inferior game.

So, my guess is Dragon Age II!

Battletoads?
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

Quote Originally Posted by HJ+ View Post
    Not sure. My initial guess would be the better game (Dragon Age II), but since you posted a trollface to punctuate the fact that Dragon Age II is indeed vastly superior, I have to assume you're trying to agitate people by backing what they think the obviously inferior game because they're blinded up some sort of loyalty to such an awful game series (Yakuza).

So, my guess is Dragon Age II!
    Oooh. A reverse troll. But your troll-fu is weak, my friend!

In all honestly, I've played all three games to date and the japanese demo for 4 and no matter how I try, I just can't get into the series. I just can't seem to forgive the fact the obtuse and outdated elements that perforate every pore of the series. I don't know how people gloss over them so easily.
    Last edited by Frozenbabylon; 02-23-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbabylon View Post
    So did the Dragon Age II demo. 5 guesses what I'm more interested in?
    For me it's Yakuza due to it being more sensible download size for the usual amount of demo gameplay
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

I would be more excited over this if my copy of Yakuza 2 didn't arrive in the mail with a huge crack in it :/. How am I supposed to catch up when there isn't a copy of Yakuza 2 in any game store in my state? T_T

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    I would be more excited over this if my copy of Yakuza 2 didn't arrive in the mail with a huge crack in it :/. How am I supposed to catch up when there isn't a copy of Yakuza 2 in any game store in my state? T_T
    OUCH. Talk about crap luck. Never had that happen to me with an eBay purchase.

But yeah, someone gifted me Yakuza 3 and I was so bored to tears after 3 hours I couldn't bear to do any more. Even FFXIII was more entertaining in its first three, and that's saying something.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbabylon View Post
    Oooh. A reverse troll. But your troll-fu is weak, my friend!

In all honestly, I've played all three games to date and the japanese demo for 4 and no matter how I try, I just can't get into the series. I just can't seem to forgive the fact the obtuse and outdated elements that perforate every pore of the series. I don't know how people gloss over them so easily.
    Heh heh seriously. Someone actually implied Yakuza 4 will be superior to Dragon Age 2?

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief