Thread: Okamiden Fetches a Demo and More Videos

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Okamiden Fetches a Demo and More Videos

Yo dawg, let me lay it out here for you. A lot of tonight's performances have been pretty pitchy, so this is what I need you to do. You're gonna hit that Okamiden demo and you're gonna hit it hard, or J-Lo just might cry again. And dawg, nobody wants that. Nobody.

[Woof woof]

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

So I'm assuming this is a DSi only deal? I don't have one so I'm unaware whether or not it uses the channel system like the Wii. But I would totally turn my Wii on for the first time since I played Madworld if there's a way to check this out on there.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    No no, you can get the demo from the Nintendo Channel on the Wii, you just go to the DS download service and it'll tell you how to transfer the demo onto your normal DS (it uses IR to transfer the data from the Wii to the DS). Don't expect anything great from the demo, though. It's pretty rudimentary.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

It's actually not even possible to get the demo through the DSi store, which is a little disappointing. It's kind of a pain to have to go through the Wii...

That's also just about the shortest demo I've ever played. You get through a couple of tutorials on the controls, then it's over. They've at least done a remarkable job of replicating the style of the original game, but the demo doesn't really provide a feel for the gameplay.

Huh that's kinda slick, obviously I had no idea that was possible so thanks. I'll make sure to dampen my expectations but I'm still going to have to grab it up out of curiosity to see exactly how the process works now. That's weird about the DSi, it seems like it would be easier for them to do it there but what do I know.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass

If I recall correctly the Nintendo Channel was released before the DSi was, so I guess they just didn't bother make a new system for DS demos when they already had one available.