Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Interview

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - Interview

Strap in, XSEED is here to keep you abreast of the latest information about Trails in the Sky and to share other Falcom tidbits. If you're curious just what all the excitement is all about, we've got it here along with new screens.

Interview
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Good interview, although the bit about the additional chapters has me worried. Not only do I have to worry about whether or not parts 2 & 3 get localized, but I also have to worry about whether or not they'll be available on the PSN? Bleh.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

Well, the Japanese versions didn't go up on the PSN, but I'm pretty sure XSEED has stated that they intend to get the English release up there. If part 1 makes it, I don't see why parts 2 & 3 wouldn't.

Not that it bothers my good old PSP-2000 any; I'll still be buying the UMDs. XSEED has quickly become one of my favorite publishers.

The only reason Falcom had issues with #2 is that it's two UMDs. Not sure if that was a Sony "we dunno how" issue or a Sony "you have to pay us more" issue.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Hmm, I thought I had heard that part 1 was 2 UMDs also, but I just checked and apparently it's not. Well, hopefully they'll figure out a way to make things work.

I didn't even notice TitS until it was mentioned.

Now I'm not sure how I missed it.

Waaaaait, MARCH? How the heck did I miss THAT!

I'd like to see Gaijin take a shot at that untranslated text for us.

Still so very jealous. I really wanted to take a crack at this game myself (though that script, good lord). Can't wait for the end of March.

Tom translated it for us, in hidden text. So see if you can recognize any of the words...then have a look at the answer! I knew 2 of the words; there are 18 of them there

It seems like this game releases 03/29. Why does XSEED not announce their release dates?
    Last edited by flamethrower; 02-25-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Ah, missed the hidden text. I've never studied Japanese, so I only know some Hirigana, and bupkis for Kanji. It really is a language I should take the time to learn. I'm great at post-translation editing though, which leads me to think that it should be labor industry rather than manual industry.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Well, without looking at the hidden text or consulting an online dictionary, I'm pretty sure it's talking about industry or industrialization. I see words like "oribito kumiai" (crafters coming together / organizing), and other words whose pronunciation I can't guess right now but appear to be something like handcrafting / home industry.

Give me more than a moment and a decent reference book, and I could probably make 4 or 5 sentences out of that sucker.

--post hidden text check

Yup, got some parts of it. But "orbal"? I think I can guess which word that was in the Japanese text, and I'd assume it was invented to fit the context of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    It seems like this game releases 03/29. Why does XSEED not announce their release dates?
    I've always wondered this too. I think they just know know specifically and therefore don't confirm till it's right there.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Yup, got some parts of it. But "orbal"? I think I can guess which word that was in the Japanese text, and I'd assume it was invented to fit the context of the game.
    You are correct. Though to be very specific, it was actually Falcom who invented the term -- almost every time those kanji are written in-game, there is furigana listed above them indicating their pronunciation as オーバル.

-Tom

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Which makes sense. For the poor translation team's sake, I hope lines like that one aren't representative of the game as a whole. That reads more like a page from a high school textbook than anything I've ever seen in a game.

Yeah, the text certainly wasn't ALL that bad. That was, ironically, taken from an in-game economics textbook.

Yes, there are in-game economics textbooks. (:

-Tom

Can't wait for this game, I really hope they get the other 2 titles in the series though, it would be shame if it were just this first game.
    My Links:

DeviantArt, Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrdwad View Post
    Yeah, the text certainly wasn't ALL that bad. That was, ironically, taken from an in-game economics textbook.

Yes, there are in-game economics textbooks. (:

-Tom
    Don't students play games to escape things like textbooks?

But... but when it's in a game, it's FUN, you see! Heheheheh...

-Tom

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    Tom translated it for us, in hidden text. So see if you can recognize any of the words...then have a look at the answer! I knew 2 of the words; there are 18 of them there

If 3/29 is accurate, that puts it on the same day as the new Zelda game o.O That seems like a bad idea to me.