Thread: Kaeruankou - Japandemonium for March 4th, 2011

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Kaeruankou - Japandemonium for March 4th, 2011

Every RPG needs ugly fish/frog things. Don't know what I'm talking about? Then read the column, goshdarnit!

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    There have been anglers in RPGs before. . .though the only one that comes to mind is the Pokemon Lanturn, and that's a cute one.

Huh. . .why in the world are they releasing a special Wii edition of Tales of Graces, when not only is there a PS3 version, but it's already outsold the original? *Shrugs*
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I like the class transformation concepts in that Red Stone game, though it'd probably be better if they were used in a higher-quality game than an MMO spinoff.

As for Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos... well, should that ever come out here we know who will be stuck reviewing it. Riiiiiight Nyx?

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    I like the class transformation concepts in that Red Stone game, though it'd probably be better if they were used in a higher-quality game than an MMO spinoff.

As for Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos... well, should that ever come out here we know who will be stuck reviewing it. Riiiiiight Nyx?
    I REFUSE.... why do I get all the boobie games? ;________;

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Because we wuv you so very much.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Hey, I don't get any mention in the SRW Z2 section? I'm just as much of a mecha nut as anyone else on staff. Do I need to get a SRW avatar for these boards to prove it? Blaster is looking pretty cool, though.

I'm pretty sure I have seen a few anglers as bosses or enemies in random RPGs. I think Narmer, the first boss of Etrain Odyssey 3, was one (or was he more of a catfish? maybe a weird hybrid?). There was a giant Angler Fish as a boss in Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Lurrere from Megaman ZX also is a giant robotic angler fish, though she may not count since that wasn't an RPG...

I like that you included Catherine's sales, mostly because it allowed for a good comparison. That week, we got to sales for both Catherine and Two Worlds 2 on the PS3 and 360. While the PS3 versions of both outsold the 360 version, the margin looks to be ~33%-50% of the 360 sales. ...That's not terrible, just bad.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    I'm surprised to see Two Worlds 2 on there at all. Wonder if it'll have any staying power on the charts there...

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Never meant to say that there were NO anglers in video games, just that I wished they were more common.

And I'd forgotten about Lurere. She was definitely an interesting design.

That mystery girl in the Queen's Blade screenshots seems to be Wonder Momo, the star of an old arcade/Turbographx-16 game that's also known as one of the first games to rely primarily on the appeal of it's female main character for profit.

that sounds... remarkably appropriate.