Thread: Extra Swag for Pre-Ordering Trails in the Sky

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Extra Swag for Pre-Ordering Trails in the Sky

More swag on top of a limited edition? Sounds too good to be true? Well, it is true, and XSEED is the one doing it. Better act now if you're getting the Trails in the Sky Limited Edition, becuase March 10 is just around the corner.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Oh man... my bank transfer from Japan to the US might not go through until the 9th. That's cutting it a bit close! Recently, I've been checking out media related to this game, and everything seems to agree on one thing: it's awesome. I have decided on this above FFIV: Complete.

Monster Lover
    Is the art book they are offering here the same one they were giving out for Ys Chronicles?
    And are any of the OSTs different from the ones that come with those games themselves?

I'm trying to figure out what, if anything, is worth the money of a pre-order.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    The art book is actually the same one as was included in the Ys Seven limited edition, as are the OSTs for their respective limited edition game version.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Monster Lover
    Thanks.

The cynic in me says they are just getting rid of surplus 'bonus material' in the guise of a give away.

Why not give away this stuff to their best customers?
    That is: people who preorder the limited edition of their latest game? (I think they make a little more money on the limited edition but not sure)

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious that they are giving out surplus bonus material. I don't think they're trying to trick anybody. They're just saying, "Hey, instead of throwing this out, we're throwing it in with your pre-order."

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FudorahZubat View Post
    Thanks.

The cynic in me says they are just getting rid of surplus 'bonus material' in the guise of a give away.
    You might be surprised to know that companies tend to have lots of leftover material from games they sell. Atlus USA used to let you buy it separately (for surprisingly cheap!) if you contacted them through the long gone shop. Not too long ago Atlus sent an e-mail to its mailing list letting us know old copies of Persona 2 that were laying around were available on Amazon, but there were only a few hundred copies. Apparently they had been sitting in a box in the office for almost a decade. I know from working at RPGamer that XSEED has boxes of leftover bonus material sitting around.

I have no clue what they usually do with it all. Maybe it supplies employees with bad Christmas gifts to relatives for years? Maybe they give it away as E3 swag? You should be happy in this case they are giving leftovers to fans who support the company by pre-ordering. No need to see it through cynical eyes.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

And maybe TitS lovers didn't buy Ys and would like the bonuses? But yeah, this is extra stock, so why not share it?
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Oh lord Mac you just had to make one didn't you? I'm seriously trying my best not to make a stupid pun about what things go well on TiTS.

............ Goddammit!

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Aww, US Only
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
    Oh lord Mac you just had to make one didn't you? I'm seriously trying my best not to make a stupid pun about what things go well on TiTS.

............ Goddammit!
    Pfft, at least you're not staff. Mac has been going on and on about his TitS for months now.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance