Thread: Master Quest It Up in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Master Quest It Up in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Do you wanna be a master, master, master? Well, the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is giving you some Master Quest action.

Story

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Woo? My copy of Master Quest is going to be obsolete in 3 months and I still haven't played through it
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Woo? My copy of Master Quest is going to be obsolete in 3 months and I still haven't played through it
    Me, too! I stopped after getting demolished by flaming keese in the Deku Tree. Fire + wooden shield = sad Suzaku.

I haven't even started the Master Quest. I'm barely into the original game and it's queued up behind a couple other games before I give it my full attention.

Banned Banned
    Master Quest was really disappointing anyway. Let's just say there's a reason the original dungeon designs were used for the actual game. They should have added some actual new content rather than this.

The worst part of the Master's Quest was that the layout of the dungeons was, almost by necessity, identical. They just switched around the puzzles and the enemies inside.

That being said, it was a nice, new way to play through the game though. Considering that it doesn't take too much to throw it into the 3DS version, I'm glad that they went the extra mile.

I kind of assumed they'd be doing more than just updating graphics. So, this is just going to be straight-up Ocarina of Time, 1998-quality game design and all? Ok then. Don't try too hard, Nintendo; you're only going to make a million bajillion dollars off this.
    Last edited by Drav; 03-10-2011 at 04:07 AM.

My question finally answered! Thanks Nyx.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    I kind of assumed they'd be doing more than just updating graphics. So, this is just going to be straight-up Ocarina of Time, 1998-quality game design and all? Ok then. Don't try too hard, Nintendo; you're only going to make a million bajillion dollars off this.
    They're tweaking the Water Temple. I don't know if there's anything else changing, but it seems to be approximately the same approach they took with Super Mario 64's enhanced port.

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    it seems to be approximately the same approach they took with Super Mario 64's enhanced port.
    So you can play as a bunch of different characters in addition to Link? Because that was the approach SM64DS took.
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!