Thread: Pokémon Black & White Sell Over One Million on First Day

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Pokémon Black & White Sell Over One Million on First Day

The sky is blue, water is wet, the Pope is Catholic and Pokémon games sell a lot. Still, one million copies in a day is nothing to sneeze at, right? A record is still a record.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

"Mr. Tajiri, Scrooge McDuck on line 2."
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I was rather shocked at the line outside GameStop last Sunday. Ever since the original Gold and Silver, I just walked into the store, dropped some money, and walked out without anyone else, or very few people there. Heck, that line was mostly made up of people who pre-ordered the game. Also good to see that many of them were my age, or maybe two or three years younger or older.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Futureshop around here had only about 5 copies of each left when I went in today and I got one of each and another lady about my age got one of each two. They're definitely moving.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    You know, I think at this point it'd be more newsworthy if Pokemon games didn't sell like crazy.

That said, I'd love to know which one's selling more so I can get the opposite one. *Laughs*

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
    You know, I think at this point it'd be more newsworthy if Pokemon games didn't sell like crazy.

That said, I'd love to know which one's selling more so I can get the opposite one. *Laughs*
    It's probanly Black. The first copy usually sells more.

Actually, I think I read that it's White, which is interesting, because that's the exact opposite of Japan. Also, SoulSilver sold way better than HeartGold, so that's not exactly true. And Blue and Silver sold better than Red and Gold. I think the only game where the first one significantly beat the second one was Diamond/Pearl.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Pearl's color tone on the cover was a bit pinkish. I'm guessing dudes didn't want Pokemon Pink.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I find the Pokemon games to be entertaining and maybe I consider these 2. (BTW I hate the show with passion and I wish to kill Ash and Pikachu because I'm tired of them to appear in every single season and he never grows up. Everytime he says "Oh it's so amazing!" it irks me to not end but what I hate more is their fan base who still want the same characters over and over again creating a repetitive boring show -_-) I wonder what color I should get and from the colors... Does it means there will be angelic pokemon?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

There were quite a few people waiting to get it Game stop when I stopped in at 11:40 Saturday night. One guy was so excited to have it, he was skipping down the sidewalk lol

There was about 20 people lined up outside my local EB at store opening Sunday.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

I thought Mario was the biggest Nintendo franchise.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

nope it's pokemon now. I have the 4th badge on my white already and I'm hoping to find people with Black at Momocon tomorrow so I can't see Black City. If not I guess I'll have to buy Black too...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I thought Mario was the biggest Nintendo franchise.
    Well, as much as I dislike Nintendo's reliance on a few mascots, I have to give it to them - Nintendo marketing has been absolutely stellar in keeping their franchises in the limelight, especially with their target audience.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Stood in the PAX East pre-show line and got 147 survey answers from other people playing Pokemon B/W around me.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance