Thread: Final Fantasy III iOS to Have a Simultaneous Release

Familiar Face Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Final Fantasy III iOS to Have a Simultaneous Release

The enhanced iOS port of Final Fantasy III DS will be out sometime later this month all around the world. You'll be able to play it in your language, whether you speak English, Nihongo, Espa˝ol, Italiano, Franšais, Deutsch, or the many varities of HÓnyǔ.

Story
    "Life will be a very great deal less weird without you!"

"Do you know I think that's the nicest thing anybody's ever said to me?

While it was good on the DS, they shouldn't have made it 3D. Looks absolutely horrid. Just play the PSP re-releases of FF1/FF2/FF4 and you'll see what I mean. 2D graphics maintain their age better than 3D on a crappy portable (when done right).

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Where's the Esperanto version? That's what I wanna know.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

She Shoots For The Stars Moderator maryadavies's Avatar
    This is one Ipod game I might just buy. I normally don't buy ipod games unless they are a buck or less but this might be worth it. Played FF3 a bit on 'Cat's DS but I'd like to have a copy of my own.

My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.

I might pick this one up, but I have to finish Crimson Gem Saga first.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    While it was good on the DS, they shouldn't have made it 3D. Looks absolutely horrid. Just play the PSP re-releases of FF1/FF2/FF4 and you'll see what I mean. 2D graphics maintain their age better than 3D on a crappy portable (when done right).
    That is my thought too. The 2D is so much better than that ugly 3D. Hard to care too much though, it's just an iPhone release.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Just play the PSP re-releases of FF1/FF2/FF4 and you'll see what I mean.
    Yes I see what you mean if that was the PSP produces better graphics than the DS. If FFIII DS had been on a PSP then it could have looked almost as good as something like Kingdom Hearts BBS.

But otherwise it would be unfair to compare those examples against FFIII DS, you really should have chosen more realistic examples like Dragon Quest IV DS, or The World Ends with You.

(And I have no idea about iOS and whether the graphics have been suitable enhanced for its 3d capabilities.)

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silktail View Post
    Yes I see what you mean if that was the PSP produces better graphics than the DS. If FFIII DS had been on a PSP then it could have looked almost as good as something like Kingdom Hearts BBS.

But otherwise it would be unfair to compare those examples against FFIII DS, you really should have chosen more realistic examples like Dragon Quest IV DS, or The World Ends with You.

(And I have no idea about iOS and whether the graphics have been suitable enhanced for its 3d capabilities.)
    I think what Storino is saying is that they should have gone the high-res 2D route, like the PSP FF1/2/4 remakes.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.