Thread: Daijishin - Japandemonium for March 11th, 2011

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar

Daijishin - Japandemonium for March 11th, 2011

Please keep the folks of northern Japan in your thoughts. They certainly deserve the attention more than this column.

And before anyone says anything, 8.4 magnitude is the Japanese measurement. Their scale differs from the international scale by a little bit. Yahoo's reporting it as an 8.9

In non-earthquake-related news, it's neat to finally see stills from the Trails anime project, although it's going to have SO MANY spoilers for Second Chapter long before America gets it, it isn't even funny. Also Renne looks a bit odd there.

Anyway, here's to hoping not too many people died in the earthquake, even though the reports are already in the hundreds. At least it didn't hit a major metropolitan area like Tokyo; that really would have been the apocalypse, on multiple levels.

I stayed with several families within Sendai back in 2005. I'm really REALLY worried about them.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

We got our own minor 5.0 quake here earlier today when I got out of bed, and I just heard that a volcano erupted over yonder in Indonesia. Holy Crap.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    CNN's saying 8.9 as well. It's absolutely heartbreaking, the images coming out of Japan. Not only that, but now there are nuclear plants that are having issues. I hope for the best for Japan, and I'm glad to see at least you're OK, Gaijin.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

My report of 8.4 came from the early edition of the newspaper, but news reports during the night raised the magnitude to around 8.8 (different news shows had slight variance in the decimal point). Last casualty count I'd heard was 300+ dead, between one and two hundred missing.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    Good to know you're all right, Gaijin. My heart and thoughts go out for the victims and their families.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I stayed with several families within Sendai back in 2005. I'm really REALLY worried about them.
    Yeah, right close to the epicenter There's one smaller city in Miyagi that was in flames last night, but I don't remember what its name was. Not Sendai though.

--just checked via google. Kesennuma City in Miyagi was the one that was in all the newscasts last night.
    Last edited by GaijinMonogatari; 03-11-2011 at 03:39 PM.