Thread: Gods Eater Burst Ceramic Figurine Giveaway

Gods Eater Burst Ceramic Figurine Giveaway

Hungry? Try a god. OK, maybe not, but you can at least win a set of ceramic figurines and gnaw on those if needed.

Contest

UPDATE: We'll need at least 5 quality entries for this, so no late minute half-hearted replies.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

The short version is that I wouldn't. It's not like they'd pick me to use one of the super fancy God Arc weapons dealies. I might be able to get into Fenrir as support staff, like the IT guy or something, but most likely I'd end up with the other refugees at best. I'd join up with the protesters on the basis that they shouldn't give all the best food and shelter to a bunch of high school kids, and have you SEEN the inside of their base? There's so much room there! They don't even bunk together; that's just selfish and wasteful, then they spend money flying kids in from freaking Russia. We'd have plenty of kids RIGHT HERE, and I'm sure some of the ladies wouldn't mind doing that whole underboob thing if it meant safety and security for themselves and their family. Though maybe they should ask Eric how the "for themselves" part works out, and Kota about his family. So anyway, assuming I'm down in the slums and totally defenseless against brainless, heartless demon monsters that can eat literally anything, my first skill would be running away. I would get really good at running faster than at least three people around me at all times, so I'd be covered even in the event of an attack by a pack of Aragami. I'd also make sure to never have fewer than three people around me at all times unless I had just used some of them as decoys, after which I'd set about looking for other people to replenish my supply. Inevitably we'd be set upon by an unheard of pack of FOUR Aragami or maybe I'd get caught off guard, but either way I'd eventually get caught and eaten.

At the very least, I wouldn't die being smug or arrogant, no snarky quips to see me off to the hereafter. I'd die like a real man: screaming and possibly in a puddle of my own fluids.
    Last edited by Lobster; 03-17-2011 at 06:02 AM.

New Member Member
    In GE, I wouldn't know whether I would eventually be selected as a potential God Arc candidate or not but would still be willing to try and help with defensive measures as much as possible. Assuming that I didn't become a Gods Eater, I would focus my time on trying to bolster the anti-Aragami wall in the Outer Slums as much as possible.

By this, I mean I would research all the technology that has been maintained and try to use it as defensive measures to hopefully slow down any Aragami attack. For example, using mines or even moats to temporarily damage land-based Aragami as much as possible, or using any remaining item that could be used as launchers to launch flash-bangs and grenades to stun and damage the Aragami. Whichever trap is the furthest away from the slums would also trigger an alarm that would alert the citizens and Fenrir members of an incoming Aragami attack.

This would have NOT been a "Vanquish/Repel Aragami" type defense; after all, the Aragami just regenerate if they're killed by anything that's not a God Arc, and they'd eventually eat and integrate whatever thing I set up. Instead, it's designed as a twofold stalling system: It would hopefully slow down the Aragami enough for any available Gods Eater to come and stop them or - if there aren't any Fenrir members coming - give extra times for citizens to evacuate their areas.

This would potentially kill three birds with one stone: It would improve my odds of survival, improve the odds of survival for anyone living in the slums, and help pinpoint where the Aragami strike (due to the alarm system) so any defense force would not have to spread their numbers thin.

Banned Banned
    i want those damn figures but i don't have a facebook account.

New Member Member
    You dont need one. The contest happens in this topic. The facebook thing was simply a link to the official GEB page, like the one to D3.

Banned Banned
    in that case i would use the god eater weapons and tech to create my own ceramic figures.

First and foremost, in the event of surviving in a post-apocalyptic world, I really doubt I would become a God Arc-wielding hero. As exciting of an experience it may be -- and believe me, wielding such an amazing and unique weapon such as the God Arc would be quite the thrill ride -- I do not believe I'd have the aptitude to fight off ruthless and intimidating Aragami. In which case, I'd most probably be best suited for a more research-based aspect of the Fenrir team in God Eaters Burst.

While being a glorious and powerful warrior would be fun, no doubt, I'd contribute to the survival of humanity most by helping to craft and design the God Arc, document and record mission files, and other tasks involving mind over muscle. I want to design all of those fancy and mighty bullets, craft the oversized blades, and figure out how a massive mouth finds its way out of the God Arc. It would be a very prestigious position and one I would enjoy about as much as slaying and hunting the fearsome Aragami that ravage the face of the earth.

I think play a technician-like role would be quite rewarding; furthermore, wielding the God Arc would not only endanger me, it’d most likely endanger my entire team as well as the human race as a whole. But as one who would design and create improved weaponry and modifications for the God Arc, I’d be the death-bringer to the Aragami. Playing this behind-the-scenes sort of role would allow me to fight the Aragami indirectly, and quite frankly, safely as well.

JOURNAL ENTRY, 3/17/20XX:

I thought I would have a problem wielding a God Arc and hunting Aragami... at least at first. Devouring my enemies so that I might become stronger, like something out of an ancient pagan ritual? I question both the necessity and the safety of that. We still know so little about Aragami and where they come from -- how can we expect to control their influence over us as we absorb more and more of their essence? Though Fenrir may try to cover it up, I have seen evidence with my own eyes that it is all too possible for a God Eater to come under the sway of the very Aragami they devour. There must be some other way to protect humanity, other than sacrificing my own humanity. Even if we could eradicate the endless waves of Aragami this way, would the resulting world be worth living in?

But this is the apocalypse, after all, and I suppose I could make an exception if the ends justify the means. I will accept this mission that Fenrir has tasked me with and accept the God Arc. But I will not perpetuate a cycle of devouring Aragami and growing ever stronger. Instead, I will use the God Arc to render the beasts into raw materials for something greater. Items created from a God Arc are wonderful, versatile things, their use only limited by the crafter's imagination. Most of these uses do involve simply destroying Aragami in more creative ways, yes. But there is a lot of potential there that isn't being harnessed. Could it be possible to craft something that would allow me to tame, or at least control, the beasts? This is the only viable solution that I can see. I pray I can remain human in the time it takes to find the answer...

No more entries. While we don't have five meaty entries, we have enough to run this. We'll announce the winner next week.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm

So, is this still a thing?

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Nope, we gave the figurines away two weeks ago! We have a winner! They have already been contacted!

Banned Banned
    noooo! my figurines!

Bah! Bah, I say. Well, gratz to the winner.

New Member Member
    If it's ok to ask, who won?

In any case though, congratulations to whoever won