Thread: Dragon Quest IX Hits a Milestone

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Dragon Quest IX Hits a Milestone

If Dragon Quest IX had a point of experience for every copy sold, it would be over level 99 by now. It's true - we checked.

[Link]
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 03-17-2011 at 12:21 PM.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I'm so glad to see the DQ series doing well over here. I give a lot of props to Nintendo for marketing it well. Kinda makes me want Ninty to publish more of Squeenix's good games.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    I hope this makes it more likely we get the new Slime game

Hmmm.... maybe what they're not telling you is that it's going to be multi-platform. THAT might be the reason why it's so hush hush. DQ X has been in development for years and no one is really sure IF or WHEN it will be released. That's my two cents on it. If they want to really impress me, they should make it multi-platform. It would be a first for the series and it could be the start of a whole new slew of fans if they went this route. They probably won't but at least its an idea. I mean, if IX broke records, think of what this could do to the series. Old school IS being very well received lately and this would be really awesome if it were to happen.

Nah, it's just their biggest series in Japan, they'll show it when they're ready.
    They've confirmed recently (as in a few months) it's still coming only for the Wii.

Not just a few months ago. Yuji Horii RE-RE-RE-RE-REconfirmed it was for the Wii when DQVI came out here.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaloSaro View Post
    Not just a few months ago. Yuji Horii RE-RE-RE-RE-REconfirmed it was for the Wii when DQVI came out here.
    And that, folks, will pretty much guarantee me FINALLY gettin a Wii.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Of these sales, more than a million were made in North America and Europe.
    Which area sold more?

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    Hmmm.... maybe what they're not telling you is that it's going to be multi-platform. THAT might be the reason why it's so hush hush. DQ X has been in development for years and no one is really sure IF or WHEN it will be released. That's my two cents on it. If they want to really impress me, they should make it multi-platform. It would be a first for the series and it could be the start of a whole new slew of fans if they went this route. They probably won't but at least its an idea. I mean, if IX broke records, think of what this could do to the series. Old school IS being very well received lately and this would be really awesome if it were to happen.
    @EmeraldSuzaku: Heh... well, at least we HEARD SOMETHING... I hope it will be worth the wait. Now, if ONLY they'd say SOMETHING about The Last Story and XenoBlade... Not that I'm expecting SE to answer but that we hear SOMETHING about a US localization. If they actually DO release them over here, the Wii will finally get some GOOD RPG's! ~_^ Not saying Arc Rise wasn't good... all you need to do is to turn off the English dub and you have a rather decent game!
    Last edited by reionpremente; 03-20-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    @EmeraldSuzaku: Heh... well, at least we HEARD SOMETHING... I hope it will be worth the wait. Now, if ONLY they'd say SOMETHING about The Last Story and XenoBlade... Not that I'm expecting SE to answer but that we hear SOMETHING about a US localization. If they actually DO release them over here, the Wii will finally get some GOOD RPG's! ~_^ Not saying Arc Rise wasn't good... all you need to do is to turn off the English dub and you have a rather decent game!
    Huh? Do you mean Tiael or MegaloSaro?