Thread: Aksys Games Has a Japan Benefit Sale

Aksys Games Has a Japan Benefit Sale

The events in Japan over the last week have been truly horrible. Aksys Games is doing what they can to help, by donating 100% of their profits from this sale to the relief effort.

UPDATE: Aksys Games has tweeted that all profits from their online store will be donated to the Japan relief effort, not just those items on sale.

[NEWS]
    Last edited by Quin; 03-17-2011 at 01:47 PM.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Banned Banned
    for any Canadians reading this, you are out of luck, this sale is for US only.

There's that boobie mousepad again, trying to tempt me. Must resist...

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    There's that boobie mousepad again, trying to tempt me. Must resist...
    But it's for a good cause! If you want to help Japan, you will buy the boobie mousepad.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

Quote Originally Posted by otakudensetsu View Post
    for any Canadians reading this, you are out of luck, this sale is for US only.

I can never seem to find any of their releases in this back water town of Winnipeg.

Could be worse. I lived for years in Brandon.

(Buy from Amazon. You'll be happier for it. The EBs in Winnipeg are so terribad!)

Amazon.ca or .com? The Canadian one doesn't seem to know about some of Aksys' releases (such as their DS Kunio localizations), and I can't seem to figure out how to get the US one to ship to Canada, though to be honest I haven't put that much effort into it.

I'm not sure Winnipeg is better than Brandon. It's really... really really really dirty.

I live in Vancouver. It's practically in Washington. I should be able to take advantage of this sale. By sale I mean relief effort.
    Last edited by Savorien; 03-18-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Razzin' frazzin'....they totally got me. I was trying to come up with a charity anyway. That's how I'll justify it.

Not sure what to do with that boob mousepad though. Pretty sure I can't take it to work.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Quote Originally Posted by 7thCircle View Post
    But it's for a good cause! If you want to help Japan, you will buy the boobie mousepad.
    I would have countered with my having been unemployed for 7 of the last 12 months, then I got a new job offer within hours. So the odds of my succumbing are now high.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungyin View Post
    Amazon.ca or .com? The Canadian one doesn't seem to know about some of Aksys' releases (such as their DS Kunio localizations), and I can't seem to figure out how to get the US one to ship to Canada, though to be honest I haven't put that much effort into it.
    Yeah, Amazon.ca is fale. I think they order like 3 of any title that isn't AAA. Luckily, you can now order on-line from Gamestop at Gamestop.ca, or, if your title isn't super-niche, you can order from Futureshop.ca for (currently) about $5-$10 less than Gamestop/EB charges for games.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Rebochan View Post
    Not sure what to do with that boob mousepad though. Pretty sure I can't take it to work.
    Sure you can. If anyone has a problem with it, tell them to stop making waves.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    No, boobie mousepads are really not suitable for the workplace, unless the workplace is "Aksys Games While Developing Agarest War."

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    No, boobie mousepads are really not suitable for the workplace, unless the workplace is "Aksys Games While Developing Agarest War."
    Or "Gearbox While Developing Duke Nukem Forever"