Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPGCast - Episode 169: "Ooky Games"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 169: "Ooky Games"

RPGCast - Episode 169: "Ooky Games"

This week, Anna Marie is scared of Aya Brea. Then we see Free Realms pretend to be free. Finally, Cthulu Saves the World gets the best subtitle ever. Also, go donate to Japan.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/169

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Ooky Games"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Thank you for sparing us the RPG Cast slash fiction that inevitably will be created if it hasn't already. (Damn you Rule 34.)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar

Banned Banned
    mhmm... mhmm... mhmm...

do you think duodecim will come out with a complete version containing all the down loadable content if i wait a year to buy the game?

Over 500 PKMN? Firetruck! Shadow4699's Avatar
    If you are mocking my novel Shaymin, then I must respectfully tell you Bleh! I shall make another novel! One that is even great than the last, one that shall have over 10 RPGCast members, including Manny! I shall teach you that you do not mock the power, of the great Shadow4699! I shall return! Also love the podcast.
    Always bring a gun to a knife fight. ~ Me!

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar
    Looks like this week's show will have to be on Friday due to Midwest Gaming Classic being this weekend! So, what I need from you all:

a) Some questions to do Random Encounters with on the Friday night show. Send in those questions to be discussed with a four minute time limit to podcast@rpgamer.com.
    b) Requests for things or games to look for and do at Midwest Gaming Classic!
    b) People to show up for the live stream on Friday night at 7PM Pacific / 10PM Eastern!

I played the PC/Mac version of Winter Wolves' The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook and enjoyed it. It's worksafe, and even though some characters have silly names (Marian the librarian, Uncle Sam), the writing is rather good. Just keep in mind that it's all too common to see the bad ending on the PC/Mac version -- in order to succeed, the player has to figure out how to maintain the garden without becoming exhausted, and become friends with all the characters. So if you're not interested in a challenge, then you might prefer the iOS/Android version, which costs less, and does not include the simulation elements, essentially making it a visual novel.

It seems that Chris wants a four minute question. How about "What's your favorite RPG ending sequence?" Not the final battle, but everything after that. There's so many endings which are disappointing or poorly written... which ones are genuinely good?

To answer the only appropriate question of otaku's post, which has been removed:

Off the top of my head? Persona 3, Persona 4 -- well, almost every SMT game, really -- Koudelka, Shadow Hearts (though iirc 2 was T), Parasite Eve, Vandal Hearts, Demon's Souls, Deus Ex.

Cosmo Nova RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    How about "what's your favorite RPG that no one you know seems to have played?" Not the games that were ignored for a good reason, there are plenty of those.
    'The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.' So this is it, huh folks?

Banned Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    To answer the only appropriate question of otaku's post, which has been removed:

Off the top of my head? Persona 3, Persona 4 -- well, almost every SMT game, really -- Koudelka, Shadow Hearts (though iirc 2 was T), Parasite Eve, Vandal Hearts, Demon's Souls, Deus Ex.
    the game has to have next gen graphics otherwise what's the point?

i think these threads should have ratings so i know what i can and can't post.

You asked about JRPGs, not new ones.

Banned Banned
    well excuse me princess!
    Last edited by otakudensetsu; 03-23-2011 at 07:32 PM.

This is what you wanted.

On that note however, we'll get back on topic.

Anna and Chris act like an old married couple. The cutting each other off, the bickering and sniping. It seems to be getting worse each week too. It's rather funny though, so no worries >XD
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

We talk a lot outside of the 'cast. We run into the same problem when Mikel is on, but we'll try to dial it back

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    We talk a lot outside of the 'cast. We run into the same problem when Mikel is on, but we'll try to dial it back
    Ah, no worries. I just had to point it out =P
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

Until someone points it out, we won't know it's a problem. Constructive criticism on tone and flow is appreciated.

At least it wasn't ooky......>_>

*mumble mumble mumble*

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    i thank yas for going through my list of hot fashion guys and gals. and my FFXI outfit. <3