Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Persona 2 Innocent Sin Unveils the Climax Theater

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Persona 2 Innocent Sin Unveils the Climax Theater

What is better than a Persona game? A Persona game with a theoretically infinite amount of content, that's what.

[Link]

This sounds pretty interesting. I'm also glad that Persona 2 will be on the PSP. I didn't really get a chance to play it on the Playstation.

None of us in North America did. This one is a remake of the "first part" of Persona 2, the one that was released in English on the Playstation was the "second part", Eternal Punishment.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    A little late on the story (knew about it last week), but I can't wait for that quest creation. It's so good that it makes my mind try to explode in an attempt to fathom how it would all fit on a UMD.

Banned Banned
    that's nice, however it's irrelevant unless it gets a north american release.

Quote Originally Posted by otakudensetsu View Post
    Ummm... This site covers non US releases too yo. So yeah. Relevant.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Oh come on, you seriously think this game isn't going to get a North American release?

Persona 3 and 4 were the two most successful titles Atlus has ever released here next from Demon's Souls. The name alone makes it worth bringing over for them.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Banned Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Oh come on, you seriously think this game isn't going to get a North American release?

Persona 3 and 4 were the two most successful titles Atlus has ever released here next from Demon's Souls. The name alone makes it worth bringing over for them.
    no you come on! i never said i thought it wouldn't get a north american release, in fact i believe it will a release here. as someone who only plays japanese games i feel there are people out there trying to screw me out of my games.

no you come on! i never said i thought it wouldn't get a north american release, in fact i believe it will a release here. as someone who only plays japanese games i feel there are people out there trying to screw me out of my games.
    EH? Could you clarify this? Like, a shadowy organization or someone with/without business sense?

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

The should do a Persona 2 complete edition and release it on the NGP completely remade.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    The should do a Persona 2 complete edition and release it on the NGP completely remade.
    Ahh Kaiser. I always love your pipe dreams At least someone is an optimist.

www.powerlinemag.com

Maybe a pack-in with the Tales of Vesperia PS3 disc? :P

In all seriousness, I'd expect it to make it over here. We've been getting all the other Persona stuff, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Rahl View Post
    EH? Could you clarify this? Like, a shadowy organization or someone with/without business sense?
    I think he's referring to SEGA and their need to deprive North America of any and all Shining games. I'm still waiting for them to bring over Shining Wind...and I have a feeling I'll be waiting until PS2 titles are available to download to play on the PS3/PS4 (whenever that is).

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    I think he's referring to SEGA and their need to deprive North America of any and all Shining games. I'm still waiting for them to bring over Shining Wind...and I have a feeling I'll be waiting until PS2 titles are available to download to play on the PS3/PS4 (whenever that is).
    SEGA only releases games when it knows that it can completely fail to market them, release them alongside three of their own similar titles, and put them up against huge name games they can't hope to compete with. It's their way.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Ahh Kaiser. I always love your pipe dreams At least someone is an optimist.
    Hey now, Atlus could do the first half. They're keen like that (FES).

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    SEGA only releases games when it knows that it can completely fail to market them, release them alongside three of their own similar titles, and put them up against huge name games they can't hope to compete with. It's their way.
    That explains alot.

Banned Banned
    Ummm... This site covers non US releases too yo. So yeah. Relevant.
    one of many articles i won't be reading.

Then on that note, let's get back on the topic of the article.

Why wait? I'd rather have IS and EP together RIGHT NOW for the PSP.

New Member Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    Why wait? I'd rather have IS and EP together RIGHT NOW for the PSP.
    There ARE people out there who would not buy a game if it's simply a port of an old game. While IS is new, EP is not, and there has to be incentive for players new to the series to try the game.

Also IIRC, there was an interview back when IS for the PSP was first announced that explained that they did consider putting both games together, but it would take way too much space.