Thread: Sting Announces Gloria Union

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Sting Announces Gloria Union

It isn't pouring yet, but there certainly has been a rain of announcements today. The latest one comes from Sting, who apparently thought the best way to make Yggdra Union better was to add more pirates.

[Link]

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Well duh, pirates make everything better! Arr!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    Well duh, pirates make everything better! Arr!
    Ninjas respectfully disagree. *whoosh*
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

With all these PSP announcements I'm not surprised the PSP sold better than the 3DS in japan last week.

The question is now: What will the subtitle be? You can't have a _______ union game without a super long subtitle.

Darn, Yggdra Union was probably my least favorite game in the Dept Heaven series thus far. Wish they'd make another unique game

Eldrac best be trolling. Yggdra Union was easily the best Dept. Heaven game. I loved Knights a ton and could see the argument that it's better, but to say that Yggdra's worse than Riviera. LOL to you, sir. LOL. (opinions.txt)

THAT SAID. If Gloria wants to succeed where Blaze Union failed, they had best ditch the mission-based plot progression. Cohesive plot plz, Sting. You're good at that, so don't make shoddy pre/sequels with subpar plots like other companies! You're better than them! Conversely, whatever Hayashi (Shall we call it "Shigeki Hayashi"?) was on when he wrote the BU OST, he needs more of that awesome stuff, stat. The music in that game is nothing short of glorious.

Verdict: I am very interested in this. Very. Until they announce missions again. Then I might be more wary. :/

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrac View Post
    Darn, Yggdra Union was probably my least favorite game in the Dept Heaven series thus far. Wish they'd make another unique game
    Well, they are making Gungnir right now, which is clearly different than other Dept. Heaven fare. It'll probably be unique, if nothing else.

Yggdra is one of my favorite PSP games so Im definitely gonna be paying attention to this game.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister

Banned Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ashu View Post
    Eldrac best be trolling. Yggdra Union was easily the best Dept. Heaven game. To say that Yggdra's worse than KitN or Riviera. LOL to you, sir. LOL. (opinions.txt)

THAT SAID. If Gloria wants to succeed where Blaze Union failed, they had best ditch the mission-based plot progression. Cohesive plot plz, Sting. You're good at that, so don't make shoddy pre/sequels with subpar plots like other companies! You're better than them! Conversely, whatever Hayashi (Shall we call it "Shigeki Hayashi"?) was on when he wrote the BU OST, he needs more of that awesome stuff, stat. The music in that game is nothing short of glorious.

Verdict: I am very interested in this. Very. Until they announce missions again. Then I might be more wary. :/
    Excellent post that I agree completely with, my good IRC friend.

Don't think that I failed to notice that omission, my friend!

But, to each his own. Except those who would say that YU's not the best. Obviously liars!

Sigh. Another awesome Sting announcement, yet I'm not happy, because a certain publisher whose name rhymes with 'cactus' probably won't bring it over. I hope XSEED or whoever wrangles the Union Series out of their hands, since it's becoming increasingly apparent that they're not interested in it.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootbrush View Post
    Sigh. Another awesome Sting announcement, yet I'm not happy, because a certain publisher whose name rhymes with 'cactus' probably won't bring it over. I hope XSEED or whoever wrangles the Union Series out of their hands, since it's becoming increasingly apparent that they're not interested in it.
    If Atlus is wary to localize the games, why would anyone else?