Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy V Coming to European PSN

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Final Fantasy V Coming to European PSN

It is a bit more retro than the usual PSOne Classic, but the greatest Final Fantasy ever made will soon rise again in Europe. Chocobos, pirates, princesses, and unstoppable evil overlords await.

[Link]

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    greatest Final Fantasy ever made
    This isn't going to end well.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    This isn't going to end well.
    It's my favorite and I'm sticking to it!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    the greatest Final Fantasy ever made
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T! *Rage*

So wait... Are they selling FFV separate from VI? But Anthology was one package... Oh right! This is Square Enix were talking about.
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!

"As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe

Another classic game to play on my PSP.

Say hi to the random lockups on the save screen for me EU!

...I'm really sorry but every time I try to play the FF5 PS1 disk on my PS3 fat it randomly locks up when I try to get to the screen to save and I'm afraid I'm not the only one.
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

I do quite like some of the things they did with the job system in V.

I consider the FFV job system the best use of it in the series. It's my third favorite, after FFVI and FVII.

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    ...I'm really sorry but every time I try to play the FF5 PS1 disk on my PS3 fat it randomly locks up when I try to get to the screen to save and I'm afraid I'm not the only one.
    It was an issue on the PS2 as well. Shouldn't be a problem on PSN though.

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    It was an issue on the PS2 as well
    Wasn't that just screen corruption? I seem to recall you could cancel out of the save and it would work fine if you tried to save again.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I need this announced for the US already. The wait for it is KILLING me!

Gunclaws and Meow. Administrator Paws's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Wasn't that just screen corruption? I seem to recall you could cancel out of the save and it would work fine if you tried to save again.
    Sometimes you could back out (sometimes it would hang). Either way, different method of game delivery on PSN.

What's up with FFV and save problems? I also had the same problem on the PS2 and my GBA version's save corrupted.

Also, loading screens? In my SNES games? No thank you.

It's possible that FFV and VI will be separately in Japan PSN but here it will be released as Final Fantasy Anthology bundle.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

The PlayStation version of Final Fantasy V was released in North America and Europe as part of the Final Fantasy Anthology collection.
    Oh dear, that mistake just going to confuse people.

Europe got a different version of Anthology which does still have FFV, but only has FFIV with it instead. So in response to Oyashiro, yes it definitely won't come with FFVI.

Obviously it won't come with IV when FFIV:tCC out soon. I'm surprised they didn't wait until after that is out before announcing FFV.

Note: Before Anthology Europe had already gotten the PS FFVI port, which came with the FFX demo. (I'm sure that will be separated from a VI port too. )

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colormonster View Post
    Also, loading screens? In my SNES games? No thank you.
    My guess is buffering for the FMV
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I liked it for the job system and for bringing Gilgamesh to the Final Fantasy multiverse. Everyone likes Gilgamesh! It's not nearly one of my favorite RPGs or even one of my favorite FFs, but I'd get it on PSN if I could. I loves me some job changing.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    My guess is buffering for the FMV
    Actually, if I recall correctly, it's because the PSX version is just an emulator streaming the ROM data from the disc, so every time the original game loaded something from the cart the emulator has to read from the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by silktail View Post
    Oh dear, that mistake just going to confuse people.

Europe got a different version of Anthology which does still have FFV, but only has FFIV with it instead.
    Hey now, that's a bit unfair to call it a mistake. Final Fantasy V was released in both North America and Europe as part of a collection called Final Fantasy Anthology. I was quite deliberate in avoiding any reference to the other game in said package, because I was quite aware that the other game in the collection differed between regions.

I don't really see how it would confuse people. though, since this is an article about FFV getting brought over to the PSN, not Final Fantasy Anthology...

With more and more classic Square Enix games heading to European virtual consoles, I'm wondering if Square Enix is having a grudge against the world's largest gaming market, North Americans?

If they want to make money, they should focus on North American gamers first, Europeans, Australians, and everyone else next.

I hope that from now on, if video game producers want to release virtual console games, they must release it for everyone, not just Europeans.