Thread: Sting Shows Off Gungnir's First Trailer

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Sting Shows Off Gungnir's First Trailer

Gungnir is the next Dept. of Heaven title to grace the PlayStation Portable, and Famitsu has recently posted a trailer of goodies. See if Gungnir will be the next game on your import list.

Story

Resident Cannibal Tequila Mockingbird's Avatar
    O! This is exciting ~ I <3 the Dept. of Heaven series I'm very anxious to get this game. But, I'm a little apprehensive about some of the new characters... I don't know if it's the design (maybe cause I feel like I've seen 'em before) or what not... but I don't have an immediate reaction to them the way I did for Yggdra Union... Riviera... or Knights in the Nightmare. However the game play looks absolutely sickening! Can't wait!

The characters certainly lack something that all of the other games main casts had. A certain charm, I suppose. Nevermind KitN where you had like a hundred unique, awesome character designs. Either way, yes. Want.

Banned Banned
    They look fine to me, really. Certainly not as good as the other games' best (Gulcasa, Cierra, Granitz), but I don't think they're lacking overall. KitN certainly did have a lot of characters, but there were a ton of scared little girls (who I still insist have no place in a dark war fantasy, at least not as playable characters) and a lot of characters who just looked alright.

Resident Cannibal Tequila Mockingbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ashu View Post
    The characters certainly lack something that all of the other games main casts had. A certain charm, I suppose. Nevermind KitN where you had like a hundred unique, awesome character designs. Either way, yes. Want.
    Yea, I think you said it best ~ there might be a lack in charm. Sting does pretty well with infusing their characters with personality. So, that's where I hope it will all come together. Fingers crossed!

I love the way they say the name. Goon-ga-neer lol
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee