Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disgaea 4 Coming in Fall

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Disgaea 4 Coming in Fall

It isn't quite a release date, but the game at least has a release month. The real news is that NISA is giving you a chance to leave your mark on the game, so check it out.

[Link]
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 04-08-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Banned Banned
    got 200 hours of free time? get disgaea 4.

Really looking forward to playing this. Love games that let me build up lots of characters.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/496/theharv00.png

Yeah I like being able to create characters from scratch and name them myself. In Disgaea, you can even rename people you have who already have names, unlike Final Fantasy Tactics, where I had to get rid of characters whose names I didn't like. lol =P

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Loved Disgaea 3 and eager to jump into this one

Using Hi-Res or near hi-res graphics is a good sale point for this game because now it looks like a PS3 game. (Sort of)
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    Using Hi-Res or near hi-res graphics is a good sale point for this game because now it looks like a PS3 game. (Sort of)
    No, it definitely does. This certainly couldn't be persuaded to run on a PS2 or Wii anymore. I'm actually rather impressed that NIS stepped their game up so much in the visuals department.

But I still have no desire to play it. As much as I love the Disgaea world, I can't stand the gameplay.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

This has never been a series that you play for the graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    This has never been a series that you play for the graphics.
    It's played by the humor but graphics will help a lot more here because the game design is awesome. However I will skip it... I used to play the first one but it's so grindy that I stopped playing. Taking the character to at least Lv.300 and leveling the weapons is so tedious not to mention how many times I killed myself with the geostones.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

It's played by the humor but graphics will help a lot more here because the game design is awesome. However I will skip it... I used to play the first one but it's so grindy that I stopped playing. Taking the character to at least Lv.300 and leveling the weapons is so tedious not to mention how many times I killed myself with the geostones.
    In the first one yes, but my experience with the third game was grinding was not required much, and I expect that in this one as well.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    But I still have no desire to play it. As much as I love the Disgaea world, I can't stand the gameplay.
    You and me both dude. I'm a person who has OCD, meaning I have to max out everything. That's not easily done on NIS games, so they kinda turn me off from it. Yes, my OCD causes me much hell. It's why I have a maxed file of Star Ocean: Til the End of Time with all Battle Trophies.

So excited, can't wait for this.

Hear, hear. Disgaea has become something like comfort food to me, or an old sweater that I should get rid of, but not yet. Another Disgaea will fill the bill nicely.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
    - Mark Twain

In the first one yes, but my experience with the third game was grinding was not required much, and I expect that in this one as well.
    I imported Disgaea 4 and it is very similar as 3 with the grinding. In 4 I only spent maybe a total of ~3 extra hours just grinding. It seems that 4 is more challenging but not in the fact that everything out-levels you, but more of a tactical challenge and there is quite a bit more geopanel puzzles I've noticed. Overall though it is my favorite Disgaea, gameplay wise. Don't get me wrong though for those that like grinding it IS there if you do the post-game content.
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates
    3DS Friend code - 2320-6129-4261 (nickname Zukkar)

Feel free to add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfortunates View Post
    I imported Disgaea 4 and it is very similar as 3 with the grinding. In 4 I only spent maybe a total of ~3 extra hours just grinding. It seems that 4 is more challenging but not in the fact that everything out-levels you, but more of a tactical challenge and there is quite a bit more geopanel puzzles I've noticed. Overall though it is my favorite Disgaea, gameplay wise. Don't get me wrong though for those that like grinding it IS there if you do the post-game content.
    That is great to hear! To be honest I nearly bought an import copy at PAX, but somehow managed to stop myself.

That is great to hear! To be honest I nearly bought an import copy at PAX, but somehow managed to stop myself.
    I imported the LE. The Fuuka nendoroid was too hard to pass up, and The 2 disc soundtrack it came with is very good. Also got Flonne as a free DLC character which isn't on the Japanese PSN yet so it is actually exclusive.
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates

Feel free to add me!

I imported the LE. The Fuuka nendoroid was too hard to pass up, and The 2 disc soundtrack it came with is very good. Also got Flonne as a free DLC character which isn't on the Japanese PSN yet so it is actually exclusive.
    Very nice! How's the story?

Very nice! How's the story?
    The story is better than Disgaea 2, but overall I think 1 and 3 have a better story. I have a strong feeling that NISA are going to add some Twilight references in the localization considering the main character is a Vampire (that eats sardines...), and there is a "supposed" love triangle. I would be surprised if NISA doesn't make a reference here or there. Oh and the Prinnies are a huge part of the story (more so than past Disgaea games).
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates

Feel free to add me!

The story is better than Disgaea 2, but overall I think 1 and 3 have a better story. I have a strong feeling that NISA are going to add some Twilight references in the localization considering the main character is a Vampire (that eats sardines...), and there is a "supposed" love triangle. I would be surprised if NISA doesn't make a reference here or there. Oh and the Prinnies are a huge part of the story (more so than past Disgaea games).
    It's Laharl there?

It's Laharl there?
    Yes Laharl is in Disgaea 4.
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates

Feel free to add me!