Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunar: Silver Star Touch Announced for iOS

A Familiar Teacher Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Lunar: Silver Star Touch Announced for iOS

Not much is known about about Lunar: Silver Star Touch, not even which version it's based on. We can all assume it won't be the GBA version, Lunar Legend, right?

Story
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 04-08-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    As much as I'm sick of all the Lunar remakes/ports, this one sorta amuses me. I can poke Nash and he will do things!

Also weird tidbit, but SoMoGa also did a iPhone/iPod Touch port for Vay, which was an old Sega CD game.

I'm expecting this'll pretty much be an iOS version of Silver Star Harmony, so really just a straight port.

can't we just get another version of Eternal Blue already? was hoping for a remake/port of it to PSP after Silver Star Harmony

I think they're going for the World Record of Most Ported Game with Lunar.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf323 View Post
    was hoping for a remake/port of it to PSP after Silver Star Harmony
    So was I. Then I heard the new voices in SSH. Then I really didn't care either way.
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!

They've still got a looong way to go before they catch up with Ys.

But I can tell they're working on it!

At least Ys has an actual library of games to pick and choose from. As far as I'm concerned, there are only 2 Lunar games.

Maybe they could, you know, make a new one. Properly.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ashu View Post
    At least Ys has an actual library of games to pick and choose from. As far as I'm concerned, there are only 2 Lunar games.

Maybe they could, you know, make a new one. Properly.
    What are you talking about? There were only 2 Lunar games to begin with, and a bunch of remakes of them.

Don't correct me on this one, we shall not speak of that one atrocity.

There was a GBA version? I know not of what you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by imercenary View Post
    Yup GBA, Lunar Legend. I owned it and nearly beat it
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

JRPG Collector
    I would say FFIV completely beats Lunar: The Silver Star in the number of remakes/ports. Lunar is trying to catch up, but still has a ways to go.
    Which is a shame to say about FFIV because to me it's the second best FF game in the series, but now it has been completely run into the ground.

Eh, well at least the greatest (FFVI) is not being completely massacred as well.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrofrost View Post
    I would say FFIV completely beats Lunar: The Silver Star in the number of remakes/ports. Lunar is trying to catch up, but still has a ways to go.
    Which is a shame to say about FFIV because to me it's the second best FF game in the series, but now it has been completely run into the ground.

Eh, well at least the greatest (FFVI) is not being completely massacred as well.
    That hasn't happened to it YET.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imercenary View Post
    You are fortunate.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

JRPG Collector
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    That hasn't happened to it YET.
    Yeah, knowing SE they are preparing to announce the "enhanced" remake for the 3DS
    Then they will wait till mid next year and have one ready to announce for the NGP >.>

Yeah, knowing SE they are preparing to announce the "enhanced" remake for the 3DS
    Then they will wait till mid next year and have one ready to announce for the NGP >.>
    This is what Capcom seems to be doing with several of their IPs. I mean, how many consoles will Resident Evil 4 be on? And Street Fighter? =/

JRPG Collector
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucent85 View Post
    This is what Capcom seems to be doing with several of their IPs. I mean, how many consoles will Resident Evil 4 be on? And Street Fighter? =/
    You are correct, with the RE4 remakes/ports coming to PS3 and 360 that will give RE4 a total of 10 copies. With the PSP FFIV that brings its total to 8. With Lunar for iOS, that gives us a total of 6.

I am all for seeing a remake or two from time to time. I would love to see XSEED's project now that TitS 1 is done to be Ys IV and Ys V (yes this would be remakes, but remakes of games that didn't come to NA and EU) and the next TitS

But the numbers above are just excessive and unnecessary. Just because a game was good doesn't mean that it needs to be remade on every console and portable console of every future gen for eternity.

If anyone is in disagreement though, I would like to get your point of view.

I mean, your getting this pov from a guy that also loathes the wave of excess multi-platform gaming we are getting this gen; because I think competition is a good thing.
    Last edited by Pyrofrost; 04-09-2011 at 02:29 AM.

I mean, your getting this pov from a guy that also loathes the wave of excess multi-platform gaming we are getting this gen; because I think competition is a good thing.
    Yeah, there aren't many exclusives anymore. So it's really come down to your preference of genre and series. I own both a PS3 and 360, but I prefer my PS3 overall. If it wasn't for Lost Odyssey and The Dishwasher games, I probably wouldn't have a 360 anymore. And, well, I guess I have to keep it for Vesperia, too, seeing as how the PS3 version will most likely never come stateside.

JRPG Collector
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucent85 View Post
    Yeah, there aren't many exclusives anymore. So it's really come down to your preference of genre and series. I own both a PS3 and 360, but I prefer my PS3 overall. If it wasn't for Lost Odyssey and The Dishwasher games, I probably wouldn't have a 360 anymore. And, well, I guess I have to keep it for Vesperia, too, seeing as how the PS3 version will most likely never come stateside.
    Yeah, I agree with you there too. That's pretty much the only reason I had my 360 as too. Well for Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, and Magna Carta 2. Death Smiles was also really nice.
    It would be nice if Game Arts would work on a Lunar 3 rather than the wave of remakes, lol

But isn't that a good thing for competition? In the past, if you wanted to play a specific game, you had to own the specific console it was made for, regardless of how crappy the console was. Nowadays you can pick your console based on how good the console is and then pick up the games you want for it. (ok, that's not universally true, but it is for most PS3/360 games) Gives the console manufacturers a reason to actually make their consoles better.