Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solatorobo: Red the Hunter Lands in Europe

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter Lands in Europe

Ever wanted to pilot a giant mecha while being a fluffy puppy? Well, Solatorobo is landing in Europe later this year, and get ready for a bumpy ride.

Story

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I will rage if it doesn't come to the NA shores. Mostly because I've been wanting to get the game since it was announced.

Don't forget that it's the spiritual successor to Tail Concerto!

It'd feel so weird to be importing two games from Europe... (assuming that Xenoblade doesn't get a US release)

Hooray for a translation, at least. I've no problem importing it if I have to.

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    duuuude, dog drives giant robot! how could that fail in north america? EFFIN EH!

These are great news! I've been dying to get my hands on it since I saw the japanese trailer It seems they got a thing for the French accent but thats fine (Never played tail concerto though :O) I just wish they'd keep the theme songs the same cuz theyre awsome ^^

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    O_O

Y'know, I was looking for an excuse to buy this anyway.... Might as well be for an "import impression".

I just discovered that apparently this is a "DSi-enhanced" title, which means it's region locked if you're playing it on a DSi, XL, or 3DS. >:-(

At least my wife still has a DS Lite.

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Well, if it doesn't come to North America, I know I'll be importing it for sure.

@Gaijin: You didn't think this one was potentially coming over at all?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Two words - Bandai Namco.

The two most evil words in the gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    The two most evil words in the gaming industry.
    I thought those were "Bobby Kotick"

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

They did a Sailor Moon ds game. My friends said it comes out in Italy soon, maybe NA next. I looked up the game saw who made it and told if she wants it, she won't be buying it here. She damned me for telling her that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I thought those were "Bobby Kotick"
    To be perfectly honest, I forgot who he is because I don't care about Blizzard or Activision. But having reminded myself, yeah, he IS it.

Quote Originally Posted by rydia of the mist View Post
    They did a Sailor Moon ds game. My friends said it comes out in Italy soon, maybe NA next. I looked up the game saw who made it and told if she wants it, she won't be buying it here. She damned me for telling her that lol
    A SAILOR MOON DS GAME!? DAMN YOU BAMCO! DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

What can I say, I like Sailor Moon.

They released like 3 or 4 Fma games in Japan. Sadly we only got one of them. Fma is only anime series, well besides dot hack, I play the games for. And that's because it's my favorite. I love the 2 ps2 Fma games a lot ore then some popular rpgs.. and that's because I love the show so much, controlling the chracters made it so much fun for me, plus seeing More things of them So wanting a Sailor Moo game is understandable

There's been a thread about Solatorobo on the "licence requests" section of Atlus's forum for quite some time. I'm not sure if Atlus is capable or willing to license other companies' DS games at this time...

That said, I imported Last Window, and it works on my original DS. So if I'm not broke, then someday soon I might import Solatorobo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by caddyalan View Post
    There's been a thread about Solatorobo on the "licence requests" section of Atlus's forum for quite some time. I'm not sure if Atlus is capable or willing to license other companies' DS games at this time...

That said, I imported Last Window, and it works on my original DS. So if I'm not broke, then someday soon I might import Solatorobo as well.
    It's more on the lines of Bamco has to let Atlus localize the game. So if they say no, it's not happening. That's why we have never gotten Super Robot Taisen: Original Generations for the PS2, or that Super Robot Taisen game starring Masou. Bamco refuses to let anybody else touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by caddyalan View Post
    I imported Last Window, and it works on my original DS. So if I'm not broke, then someday soon I might import Solatorobo as well.
    There's actually two things there: 1) The original DS and DS Lite have no region locks, only the DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS have region locks. 2) The region locks only apply to DSi enhanced and DSi exclusive games, and Last Window is neither, so even if it was played on a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS, it would work fine regardless of region.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Atlus has worked on Namco games in the past (they brought over Summon Night: Twin Age), so there IS a chance. XSEED is a possibility too, having done Fragile Dreams and Retro Game Challenge. That said, Namco Bandai is extremely reluctant to hand over licensing rights for ANY of their properties, so I wouldn't count on seeing this in NA unless Namco decides to do it themselves.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Well, Namco is letting Nintendo Europe touch this one, so perhaps they're also in talks with NOA.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance