Thread: Final Fantasy V for Europe and VI for Japan on PlayStation Network

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Final Fantasy V for Europe and VI for Japan on PlayStation Network

Europeans who log into PlayStation Network today will be happy to known that Final Fantasy V is there. Meanwhile, Japanese RPGamers can gear up for the release of Final Fantasy VI.

Story

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    So it is *buys despite already having many games to play*
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    5 was really hard for me and I never finished it. But some staff on this site have referred to it as the best one. Hmmm. What to do?

Too hard? Maybe a little, but once you get in to it and get some good job combos it's a blast

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Uh...is it the crappy 90s script? The one with "Reina" and "Salsa" and "Y-burns"?
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Is there an easytype version? I once played the original Japanese one and dude that was REALLY hard. Most monsters took exactly 0 damage from most of your attack lol. The only skill that did a lot of damage was that money throwing skills. I could kill bosses with a few attack with it lol. Unfortunately I ran out of money in the final dungeon so I never could complete it with my 0 damage attacks. =(

It's all about having the right jobs and abilities. If you have enough different ones leveled you can usually find a combination that will work for wherever you are. It's also possible to brute force through with a single job set, but that requires A LOT of grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    5 was really hard for me and I never finished it. But some staff on this site have referred to it as the best one. Hmmm. What to do?
    Ditto. I hit the wall with Galura and since the story hadn't done much to captivate me at that point I wasn't motivated to grind.

I do intend to finish all the FFs, but 1-3 and 5 are heavy slogs for me.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of the Heroes: Trails in the Sky / South Park: The Stick of Truth / Volgarr the Viking
    Broforce / Shovel Knight / Duck Tales Remastered / Final Fantasy 3 PC