Thread: Final Fantasy V for Europe and VI for Japan on PlayStation Network

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Final Fantasy V for Europe and VI for Japan on PlayStation Network

Europeans who log into PlayStation Network today will be happy to known that Final Fantasy V is there. Meanwhile, Japanese RPGamers can gear up for the release of Final Fantasy VI.

Story

Quia ego sic dico RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    So it is *buys despite already having many games to play*
    "If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    5 was really hard for me and I never finished it. But some staff on this site have referred to it as the best one. Hmmm. What to do?
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Too hard? Maybe a little, but once you get in to it and get some good job combos it's a blast

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Uh...is it the crappy 90s script? The one with "Reina" and "Salsa" and "Y-burns"?
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Is there an easytype version? I once played the original Japanese one and dude that was REALLY hard. Most monsters took exactly 0 damage from most of your attack lol. The only skill that did a lot of damage was that money throwing skills. I could kill bosses with a few attack with it lol. Unfortunately I ran out of money in the final dungeon so I never could complete it with my 0 damage attacks. =(

It's all about having the right jobs and abilities. If you have enough different ones leveled you can usually find a combination that will work for wherever you are. It's also possible to brute force through with a single job set, but that requires A LOT of grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    5 was really hard for me and I never finished it. But some staff on this site have referred to it as the best one. Hmmm. What to do?
    Ditto. I hit the wall with Galura and since the story hadn't done much to captivate me at that point I wasn't motivated to grind.

I do intend to finish all the FFs, but 1-3 and 5 are heavy slogs for me.
    Currently playing:
    Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
    Grand Theft Auto V