Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPGCast - Episode 173: "Colosto-Wii"

Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Administrator sabin1001's Avatar

RPGCast - Episode 173: "Colosto-Wii"

RPGCast - Episode 173: "Colosto-Wii"

RPGamer begins plans to launch its dream RPG console. Listen for details on how you can help out. Also we've got the latest on Capcom's new Dragon themed game, Disgaea 4 pre-order bonsues, and Pokémon's new Global Link site.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/173

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
    Post in this thread.
    Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
    Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
    Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Colosto-Wii"
    Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
    Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...t?id=264306390
    Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Best podcast....ever...

Banned Banned
    i'm still listening but i have to point out that petedorr did a video on the dq slime. he liked it but i thought it looked like a load of you know what.

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar
    I could have brought up Arc Rise Fantasia as a great traditional Japanese RPG...or at least, it would be if it had gotten a far better localization. Still loving the game, though. I would have talked about it if I had played it this week.
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 04-16-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff noodle's Avatar
    i still have to work on the picture of the colosto-wii.

Bit of a grammar error in your description there Chris.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabin1001 View Post
    RPGamer begins plans to launch its dream RPG console. Listen for details on you can help out.
    I assume there is supposed to be a 'How' in there somewhere.

I keep forgetting to send you guys a voicemail befor ethe cast goes live. Hopefully that situation will be...rectified, this week...
    ive got candy

Chris i'm kinda in the same boat as you with Pokemon, i'm about 23 hours in with 5 badges. Been spending some time trying to find some pokemon that I like but have been kinda underwelmed with them. Still using Smugleaf and Victini, but not finding many others that I really like. Anyone have any suggestions for ones to find? Have Pokemon Black version.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/496/theharv00.png

Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile make excellent Ground-types, especially if you get one with the Moxie Ability. If you don't have Zorua, they make for great Dark-types, too. I rather like their design. Water is quite tricky this generation. I went with Ducklet/Swanna for a Water-type since there are very few thsi generation. They start out kind of puny but do get decently powerful once Ducklet evolves. Though you may not need an Electric-type since you have a Snivy (I assume at this time it's probably evolved), but there's always Blitzle/Zebstrika.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Eggs View Post
    Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile make excellent Ground-types, especially if you get one with the Moxie Ability. If you don't have Zorua, they make for great Dark-types, too. I rather like their design. Water is quite tricky this generation. I went with Ducklet/Swanna for a Water-type since there are very few thsi generation. They start out kind of puny but do get decently powerful once Ducklet evolves. Though you may not need an Electric-type since you have a Snivy (I assume at this time it's probably evolved), but there's always Blitzle/Zebstrika.
    Didn't really care for blitzle that much but haven't run into anything that I needed lighting for. I'll have to try out sandile when I play next. For water right now i'm using siesmitoad(sp?) and hes working out well. What i'm really missing so far this generation is a abra clone, I mean victini kinda fills the role but doesn't seem the powerhouse of a fully evolved abra.
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/496/theharv00.png

For Psychics, Musharna and Reuniclus are both very good. The fossil pokemon aren't bad. The water/rock fossil type is powerful but slow; it makes up with Aqua Jet.

Magana Carta 2 sucks I didn't liked how all your field get full of balls. A Desktop PC will be better than any miserable laptop and don't mind the charts that say that laptops are ahead because they're comparing proprietary hardware but not part sales. Part sales are Important and about consoles I prefer the ones that are connected to a Tv. and display HD content also I hope that next system don't contain embedded chips and they use sockets with security fasteners instead. Repairing a PS3 with a re-balling process will cost me $125 USD. Laptops get very hot and need extra care with handling them as they are more designed to show a power point presentation to a public or fast emergency work. Did you know you shouldn't get a laptop from a hot place to a cold place and vice versa? You need to turn off the laptop and then let it adapt to the new temperature before turning it on. Now how many people just do that? People don't follow the guidelines and use laptops as desktops. Minish Cap was a litle like A Link to the Past and BTW I still remember everything about A Link to the Past including how to cheat by getting the red sword early.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Banned Banned
    magna carta 2 is amazing! you have to use those balls known as kamond when you see them floating around or the enemy will use them. great system.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VonBeardly View Post
    Didn't really care for blitzle that much but haven't run into anything that I needed lighting for. I'll have to try out sandile when I play next. For water right now i'm using siesmitoad(sp?) and hes working out well. What i'm really missing so far this generation is a abra clone, I mean victini kinda fills the role but doesn't seem the powerhouse of a fully evolved abra.
    Thank you for the suggestions.
    Yeah, I don't like Blitzle, either. I haven't found any electrics I really like this gen. Now that I'm done with the main game, I think I'm just going to port my Ampharos over. Nothing beats Ampharos for electric Pokes anyway.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Clearly someone hasn't run into Joltik yet. You'll think it's cute, then it'll drop Thunder with 91% accuracy and you'll have a friend for life.

Just ignore the ones that give an ability flash.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Huh! I actually never tried out the Joltik. Ampharos is still better, though. Because it's Ampharos. <3

I rather like Blitzle, and especially Zenstrika's designs, and their stats aren't bad either. My favorite Electric-type is still Luxray, even though its speed leaves much to be desired. Oh well, that's what Choice Scarf is for. I do love Ampharos as well.

Luxray is my favorite electric type as well. Yep, lackluster speed, but I'm fine with that. At least it isn't an absolute glass cannon like a lot of other electric types, and it's Crunch leaves a mark.

Speaking of Glass Cannons, THATS what I finally figured out was weird about this generation. Nearly all the pokemon in it fit into that catagory, sort of.
    Most of them seem to have one really high stat, and all the other stats kind of suffer, like, either they'll have a very high defensive stat, but their speed and attack stats suffer, or vice versa. They just seem less balanced then previous generation. and the lack of flying type variety vexes me.

@ocelot:Amphoros inferior, Joltik Superior! It's even part of my new favorite double battle combo, Dragonite Sky Drop into Joltik Thunder from midair. Enemy is dead before it even hits the ground.Plus its cuter.
    Btw, How STUPID is it to have a TM that only Four non Legendary pokemon can actually use? One of those is a first gen starter, and another is a first gen fossil.
    dropped the ball there Game freak.
    ive got candy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaddness View Post
    @ocelot:Amphoros inferior, Joltik Superior!
    Strong Pokemon, weak Pokemon, a true trainer fights with the Pokemon they love the most.

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    Still pumping through the main Pokemon White story atm. Got a few Pokemon off the Dream World, which helps. Mareep (now Flaaffy) and Shinx were both Electric, which is cool, and an Igglybuff which I've since evolved into Jigglypuff. In six more hours, I'm gonna take my Darumaka to the DW, see if I can get some more awesomeness.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.