Thread: Play the Prototype of Mega Man Legends 3

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Play the Prototype of Mega Man Legends 3

Are you sick of the decade-long wait for Mega Man Legends 3? Your chance to play the game may come sooner than you expected.

[Link]

Banned Banned
    I'm sick of waiting for them to get the first two games out on PSN so I can actually play them and switch to being sick of waiting for this.

Yes! But will it really be a demo of Megaman Legends 3 if there's no Megaman in it!? I guess I just get apprehensive whenever a new playable character comes out of the blue (no pun intended!) in a megaman series.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

I was excited until I saw it is a paid demo. That is not a demo. That is an episode of a game. Demos are what you give away to entice people to buy the game when it comes out!
    Sincerely,
    Your Dread Lord
    http://homepage.mac.com/cyberskull/M...Medium_Sig.gif
    Un-Certified Looney, Heretic @ Large, etc…

If I was Nintendo and gave a flying fadoo about the e-Shop, I'd moneyhat Capcom to make this a free download so people would be enticed to connect.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Downloading day 1. Can't wait.

EDIT: You know... if they're trying to use this to gauge interest in the full fledged title, you'd think putting it behind a paywall wouldn't be the best idea. Does anyone know how well Case Zero and Dissidia Prologus were received?
    Last edited by shoptroll; 04-22-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Downloading day 1. Can't wait.

EDIT: You know... if they're trying to use this to gauge interest in the full fledged title, you'd think putting it behind a paywall wouldn't be the best idea. Does anyone know how well Case Zero and Dissidia Prologus were received?
    Case Zero sold a ton, and was cool in that it really was more than just a demo. This sounds like the same kind of idea. Dunno about prologus.

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Capcom considers Case Zero to be a smashing success. I've got no doubt that its success is what is prompting the Prototype version to be a (possibly) paid demo. Of course, I don't have a problem with it. Two dollars is a bargain for getting such an early look at the game and being able to show my support for my favorite video game franchise while it is facing such hard times... Of course, I probably won't be getting the demo when it is released since I don't have a 3DS yet, and won't anytime soon, so perhaps those sentiments are misplaced.

Have towel will travel Moderator shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    Capcom considers Case Zero to be a smashing success. I've got no doubt that its success is what is prompting the Prototype version to be a (possibly) paid demo. Of course, I don't have a problem with it. Two dollars is a bargain for getting such an early look at the game and being able to show my support for my favorite video game franchise while it is facing such hard times... Of course, I probably won't be getting the demo when it is released since I don't have a 3DS yet, and won't anytime soon, so perhaps those sentiments are misplaced.
    I have no problem with it either. I've done the pre-order for beta access thing on a couple of indie/commercial games so I'd be a massive hypocrite to pass on this.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    It seems like they're using this demo not as a gauge for demand, but as a way to get input from fans that will actually be used in designing the rest of the game. In that case, it makes sense to have a small monetary barrier to entry... it's just a way to make sure that the people whose input they're getting care at least $2 worth for the franchise, and keeping the actually disinterested trolls to a minimum.
    Last edited by Ocelot; 04-22-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: CONTRACTION FALE

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance