Thread: Even More Final Fantasy Type-0 Details

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

Even More Final Fantasy Type-0 Details

The principal of a magic school also doubles as a world leader, the word "Moogle" is an acronym, and the Golem Summon has a rocket punch. The world of Final Fantasy Type-0 is an interesting one indeed.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Why do developers feel a need to make acronyms out of long existing series hallmarks? Last time I saw this happen was Unreal Tournament 3's "Field Lattice Generators" instead of calling them what they were... flags in Capture the Flag.

EDIT: Also, I wonder how many people involved with FFVIII are on this project. The battle school concept sounds like SeeD with new names.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    could be worse, could have gone all gundam seed destiny with the acronym revisionism.

I for one think it's a clever way to nod to the series history.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Sorcerous View Post
    could be worse, could have gone all gundam seed destiny with the acronym revisionism.
    Don't make me Sayla stink-face you again. That was one of Destiny's only redeeming features, a cute nod to the older continuities. You know, when the series didn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
    I for one think it's a clever way to nod to the series history.
    I'm with you on this one.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

I still can't even imagine what kind of gameplay it is. Will it be normal FF ATB? Or is it an action RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Why do developers feel a need to make acronyms out of long existing series hallmarks? Last time I saw this happen was Unreal Tournament 3's "Field Lattice Generators" instead of calling them what they were... flags in Capture the Flag.

EDIT: Also, I wonder how many people involved with FFVIII are on this project. The battle school concept sounds like SeeD with new names.
    Just artists and producers I should imagine, I think the FFVIII team was the one working under Toriyama for FFX, X-2 and then XIII, and XIII-2. The Type-0 team was previously working on Crisis Core, I think.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    I still can't even imagine what kind of gameplay it is. Will it be normal FF ATB? Or is it an action RPG?
    Action RPG as demonstrated in some of the trailers.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

Ah it's a PSP title. Nevermind then.

it'll be an amazing game because it's japanese developed, you can't go wrong with a japanese game, ever.
    You only registered to tell us that Japanese games are good by default?

Action RPG as demonstrated in some of the trailers.
    It is the ultimate evolution of the ATB-Kai system but it is still an Action RPG.
    Last edited by ShinGundam; 04-27-2011 at 11:34 AM.

I'm sure they would have made KUPO into an acronym, if not for the dearth of cool, official/professional/military-sounding English words starting with "K"!

I for one welcome our new M.O.O.G.L.E. overlords.
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001