Thread: Tales of the Abyss 3D Shows Off Its Stuff

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Tales of the Abyss 3D Shows Off Its Stuff

While it isn't as exciting as the recent announcement of a Western release, both fans of the Tales series and 3DS owners looking for a good RPG can still enjoy the trailer and media in this update. You'll have to imagine everything being in 3D, though.

[Link]

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    OH MY GOD did I just see a new anime cutscene not in the original version!?

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRPGMaster View Post
    OH MY GOD did I just see a new anime cutscene not in the original version!?
    hmnn where? All the ones I saw were in the original.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    2:21-2:23

I don't remember an anime cutscene like that.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    You know, I just realized while looking at that trailer how neat it will be to see the Tales battlefield in 3D. It'll be a LOT easier to maneuver around the bad guys that way (if they do it right, that is). The folks who have been saying that nobody cares about the 3D effect probably haven't seen what it actually looks like and how useful it can be in judging distances and seeing what's going on in a 3D environment like the newer Tales circular battlefields.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    You know, I just realized while looking at that trailer how neat it will be to see the Tales battlefield in 3D. It'll be a LOT easier to maneuver around the bad guys that way (if they do it right, that is). The folks who have been saying that nobody cares about the 3D effect probably haven't seen what it actually looks like and how useful it can be in judging distances and seeing what's going on in a 3D environment like the newer Tales circular battlefields.
    Absolutely. I got Samurai Warriors Chronicles for my 3DS and the 3D makes judging distance between you and the enemy so much easier. Cannot wait to see how it applies to Tales.
    PSN ID - Unfortunates
    Steam ID - Unfortunates
    3DS Friend code - 2320-6129-4261 (nickname Zukkar)

Feel free to add me!

Resident Cannibal Tequila Mockingbird's Avatar
    After much rumination over Tales of the Abyss 3-D. I think this is a great. I'm really excited for it and this game makes me look forward to buying a later generation 3-DS. This will be good, and I hope it does well on the American market. Not to say that it won't, I just hope it does.

Can't wait for Graces F though! Super looking forward to getting to play it in English.

Graces F will be awesome. Vesperia was one of those games that really reminded me why I love RPGs in teh first place. Graces F should hopefully be the same way!
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

Unless it also comes out in Europe, I'm going to dread Nintendo's decision to region-lock the 3DS.

I have less of that problem with Graces F, because I'd just import it to play on my european PS3.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokugawa View Post
    Unless it also comes out in Europe, I'm going to dread Nintendo's decision to region-lock the 3DS.
    It's already been confirmed for Europse, though apparently not until Spring 2012