Thread: A New Trailer Has Appeared for Ocarina of Time 3D

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

A New Trailer Has Appeared for Ocarina of Time 3D

A gaming classic has traded in its blocks and replaced them all with curves, and you can see the results for yourself in this trailer. Well, the blocks in the block puzzles are still around, but they can stay.

[Link]
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 05-04-2011 at 10:40 AM.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Really looking forward to playing this game again. The improved visuals are definitely noticeable. I can't remember where it was, but I saw a trailer that showcased the original and the 3DS side by side, and it's quite astonishing how much difference there really is.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yes, the character models in particular look much nicer in the 3DS version, especially when you see it in person. People saying there's no difference are wearing some major nostalgia goggles.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Kinda reminds me of the remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day to Conker: Live and Reloaded. I haven't seen that comparison video omegabyte mentioned, but I did see some screens. The screen shot of Link in the item shop in Hyrule's town looked dramatically different to me.

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Here's the comparison video I was talking about: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ti...-legend/713293

The most noticeable improvement is the color saturation, which is much brighter and more distinct in the 3DS version. The textures are all much nicer as well, the animation seems to be smoother, and the water and sky effects in particular are significantly improved.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Banned Banned
    Still hoping for some actual new content, but it still looks good.

That said, I don't plan on getting a 3DS until they make a Lite version or 3DSi or whatever, so it'll be a while before I play it.
    Last edited by HJ+; 05-04-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Here's the comparison video I was talking about: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ti...-legend/713293
    Yeah it does look noticeably different. With the brightness of the 3DS version, it looks like they take place at different times of the day. lol. The virtual console version looks like it takes play RIGHT when the sun is starting to rise. And the 3DS version looks like the sun has gotten at least halfway up. lol.

Plus, the "fog" in the virtual console version (probably really just a draw distance thing) that is non-existent in the 3DS version.

I've only played with a 3DS for a little bit, but the 3D does sort of strain the eyes a bit. I might have to mess with it more. But I'm glad it's completely optional. Even without 3D, the graphical capabilities are still pretty nice. I think I'm looking forward to the NGP more, but that's kind of getting off topic. Hehe.