Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 Delayed to Next Year

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Mass Effect 3 Delayed to Next Year

Mass Effect 3 has been delayed. Are we surprised by this? Not in the slightest. However, these new screenshots show Kaiden and Liara back in action.

Story

is this really that big of a surprise? Kinda figured it wouldn't be til 2012 anyways.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/496/theharv00.png

I'm actually kind of happy about this. Pity that Arkham City, Skyrim, and Uncharted 3 are all still coming out within a few weeks of each other though. It's not even summer yet and my wallet's already feeling the strain.

I'm happy and not very surprised that it got delayed. I did expect some big 2011 games getting a delay, I just didn't know wich one(s).

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    I admit to being super pleased with this result. It gives me the chance to catch up on all the other BioWare games I haven;t gotten to yet!

I didn't even know it was initially scheduled for 2011. And considering all the free publicity they got from releasing in January 2010, it makes sense.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Fine by me. This Fall is gonna be tough on my gaming schedule, so it will nice to move some of those games into next year.

Perhaps this is them learning a lesson from the Dragon Age 2 debacle. The ME trilogy deserves a good send-off.

DA2 was plenty good, and I don't doubt we'll see a third one.

Anyways, good news, I've got InFamous 2 next month, followed by Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Skyrim, among other games coming later this year, I've got gaming overload and I haven't even started.

If it makes for a better game I have no problem with this delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiael View Post
    DA2 was plenty good, and I don't doubt we'll see a third one.

Anyways, good news, I've got InFamous 2 next month, followed by Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Skyrim, among other games coming later this year, I've got gaming overload and I haven't even started.
    That's all for you? Dang...

Brink (5/17)
    Hunted: The Demon Forge (6/1)
    InFamous 2 (6/7)
    Red Faction: Armageddon (6/7)
    Dungeon Siege III (6/21)
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (8/23)
    Rage (9/13)
    Gears of War 3 (9/20)
    Batman: Arkham City (10/18)
    Uncharted 3 (11/1)
    Skyrim (11/11)

If you're sitting at 5 games for your upcoming wants, I envy you.

That being said, I have utterly no problem with the delay.

This is rather non-news for me. I won't be hyped up until we get into T- 1 month of the release.

Then delays will be excruciating.
    Sincerely,
    Your Dread Lord
    http://homepage.mac.com/cyberskull/M...Medium_Sig.gif
    Un-Certified Looney, Heretic @ Large, etc…

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbabylon View Post
    That's all for you? Dang...

Brink (5/17)
    Hunted: The Demon Forge (6/1)
    InFamous 2 (6/7)
    Red Faction: Armageddon (6/7)
    Dungeon Siege III (6/21)
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (8/23)
    Rage (9/13)
    Gears of War 3 (9/20)
    Batman: Arkham City (10/18)
    Uncharted 3 (11/1)
    Skyrim (11/11)

If you're sitting at 5 games for your upcoming wants, I envy you.

That being said, I have utterly no problem with the delay.
    Nah, there's plenty more, LA Noire, Catherine, Rage, Disgaea 4, Twisted Metal, F3AR, Gears of War 3, and others.
    Plus, if there's a limited/collector's edition of any I'm bound to get it as well, I already have the InFamous 2 Hero Edition pre-ordered, and I am assuming we'll see a CE of Uncharted 3, Resistance 3 among some others.

And yes, I welcome the delay.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    This year is just crazy good for games, yo. I mean, The Witcher 2 and LA Noire come out on the same day. The same day.

Also, I still have to play ME1 and ME2 before I can even think about ME3. I'd have time if these darn companies didn't keep putting out such good games!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    Perhaps this is them learning a lesson from the Dragon Age 2 debacle. The ME trilogy deserves a good send-off.
    Too bad that the reason it may have been pushed back is because EA doesn't think it appeals to a wide enough market.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...o-Wider-Market

Quote Originally Posted by AncientRune View Post
    Too bad that the reason it may have been pushed back is because EA doesn't think it appeals to a wide enough market.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...o-Wider-Market
    I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

If that is is the case, then it'll be the last game of theirs I ever buy. There was already way too much "design by focus group" or "make it more extreme/flashy" going on with DA2, and not quite enough "maybe we should have more than a couple of maps".

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff 7thCircle's Avatar
    Although my internal musings tend to be in a mature voice, when I saw the title of the article just now, my initial thought was "LOL! WE COMPLAINED THAT DA2 WAS UNFINISHED SO ME3 GETS MOAR TIME! YAY!" I assume that's what most people who played DA2 and became hesitant regarding ME3 thought at first, and the internet is ablaze with that reaction. I don't know if I've ever been happy a game was delayed before, but I am now.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

If that is is the case, then it'll be the last game of theirs I ever buy. There was already way too much "design by focus group" or "make it more extreme/flashy" going on with DA2, and not quite enough "maybe we should have more than a couple of maps".
    Until I see proof that this is the case, I'm sticking by my guns in saying that this delay is a damn good thing and that I really think that Bioware has learned their lesson with the major backlash against DA2 being rushed (I still believe that it's damn fine game, but there WAS a large backlash. No use in denying it.).

I think that what Riccitiello and EA are doing here is just telling investors what they want to hear when they delay a game, pushing it into an entirely different quarter and nothing more. It's marketing doubletalk.

A couple things to think about here, Dead Space 2 did EXTREMELY well in the first few months of this year. Pushing ME3 out of of the increasingly crowded Nov/Dec release schedule (And lets face it, What RPG company in their right minds would want to compete with Skyrim?) into Jan/Feb when there's usually a wasteland of nothing to play, On top of giving Bioware more time to work out whatever kinks are there and polish it up to a sheen, can't be considered anything but a good thing, and I can't for the life of me figure out why people are thinking otherwise.

If EA was really meddling with the game like everybody and their dog seems to think, they'd be pushing it out this year before it's even ready. Let's get to E3 and see some ACTUAL GAME FOOTAGE before we jump to any sort of conclusions.

Who needs Rinoa anyway? Rebochan's Avatar
    Thank god. After the atrocity that was rushing Dragon Age II out the door, I hope they use to time to make a GOOD game instead of an unfinished one.

EDIT: And I just saw 7th's post. LOL, I played into your hands! *shakes fists*
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes

Quote Originally Posted by Rebochan View Post
    Thank god. After the atrocity that was rushing Dragon Age II out the door, I hope they use to time to make a GOOD game instead of an unfinished one.

EDIT: And I just saw 7th's post. LOL, I played into your hands! *shakes fists*
    This. I am more than okay with any delays that may improve the game. Don't forget, we have Duke Nukem Forver to look forward to!

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief