Thread: Gloria Union Sends a Trailer Across the Seas

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Gloria Union Sends a Trailer Across the Seas

Pirates may not be the most sociable of sorts, but they are never averse to self-promotion. See the trailer for the new oceanic installment of the Union series here.
    Last edited by TwinBahamut; 05-09-2011 at 01:38 PM.

11 months since the previous entry, Blaze Union, was released in the states. I'll post a reminder (probably in another thread) once it reaches 12 months. This is the "we're not getting it" measure I usually use. Please note there are exception to this rule, Trails in the Sky being a HUGE exception, being announced 5 years and released 6 years after its Japanese release.

It looks like more of the same. I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm not sure if this is in the Dept Heaven series or not.

Shame that Blaze Union never came out, too, 'cause it's a fantastic game. Very much looking forward to this one, even though it won't have Yggdra to build off of like Blaze did.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    I'm not sure if this is in the Dept Heaven series or not.
    It's not a numbered Dept. Heaven game like Yggdra Union, but it is part of the Union sub-series.

My guess is the lack of localization has to do with the over seeing branch of Atlus is now more the parent company due to low sales of some of hte off the wall titles that they were releasing with low sales.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

"No plans at this time" as of Oct (which is kind of a long time ago) from Aram Jabbari. However, that phrase doesn't mean anything.

Banned Banned
    Indeed not, but the time that's passed since then does. I have zero faith in us getting Blaze Union. As for this, eh, I don't really care. The characters and setting don't look particularly appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by flamethrower View Post
    "No plans at this time" as of Oct (which is kind of a long time ago) from Aram Jabbari. However, that phrase doesn't mean anything.
    The sniffing fetish dude? He's awesome.

I liked Y Union, but not enough to get too sad if this doesn't make it.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    A crazy, pirate-themed strategy RPG. What more could I want... well, I could want it to be on the PS3! It looks freaking fun.

So...the soldiers walk on water!? Hopefully there is some handwave for that.

Maybe Sting has to be careful of spamming. They don't release very often and they are scheduling two of their releases in back-to-back months (Gugnir comes out in May in Japan). On the other hand it might be a good strategy because there's nothing coming out around now and it might be good to schedule releases during this time.

Here is the official site for Gloria Union.