Thread: XSEED Launches Website and Divulges Info on Wizardry

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

XSEED Launches Website and Divulges Info on Wizardry

XSEED Games has recently launched the official site for Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls. As you wait for the latest entry in this long-running RPG series, get to know about the characters you'll meet and the foes you'll defeat.

Story
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

As noted in another thread over the weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by Ralsu
    And now Vorpal Bunnies over on the English website!

and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralsu
    Hmm. This pic invites the player to use a Growth Fruit and notes that it requires access to the Playstation Network. Looks like microtransactions are in.

I was going to say "still no date?!" but I suppose if there's still no firm date for the PSN coming back online, that's to be expected. I also came here ready to post a pic of the vorpal bunny, but I see that's been taken care of.

edit: Also, I'm hoping the growth fruit business doesn't mean the old school Wizardry standard of rolling.. and rerolling for a decent starting bonus is out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    edit: Also, I'm hoping the growth fruit business doesn't mean the old school Wizardry standard of rolling.. and rerolling for a decent starting bonus is out now.
    From what I remember from the demo, all the fun reroll times are still there.

I still have Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (NES), The Knight of Diamonds (NES), and Wizardry V (SNES). I cannot recommend the series to today's hardcore RPGamer, however as no plot, tons of exploration, and difficult battles are their kryptonite.

Humorously, starting attributes made little-to-no difference in combat, but were really only needed as requirements for the advanced classes like ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticprime View Post
    I still have Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (NES), The Knight of Diamonds (NES), and Wizardry V (SNES). I cannot recommend the series to today's hardcore RPGamer, however as no plot, tons of exploration, and difficult battles are their kryptonite.

Humorously, starting attributes made little-to-no difference in combat, but were really only needed as requirements for the advanced classes like ninja.
    Is that true?! I played through all of the original games without noticing then. I know in 6/7/8 the stats had a pretty marked impact (getting your numbers of attacks/swings up with low dex/agi.. wasn't happening). The narrative in those games was also amusing.

I really enjoyed the PS2 one that Atlus brought over many years ago, so here's to enjoying this next one! I can see this being a perfect way to start off the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitawa View Post
    Is that true?! I played through all of the original games without noticing then. I know in 6/7/8 the stats had a pretty marked impact (getting your numbers of attacks/swings up with low dex/agi.. wasn't happening). The narrative in those games was also amusing.
    Wizardry 6-8 are the subject of scrutiny on their departure from the original fives games' game-play. I, personally, thought they kicked butt. But, yes, you are correct in that attributes made a difference in the last three, non-Japanese, Wizardry games.

I'm hoping for a $10.00 price tag.
    ---
    I hope they release a demo on the new PSN.
    Last edited by Slayer; 05-12-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: loco