Thread: Join the Battle Of Orcs and Men in 2012

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Join the Battle Of Orcs and Men in 2012

Not too many games let players take on the role of an orc. Of Orcs and Men will give players the chance to stomp evil mankind with mighty clubs and spears.

Story

Made think instantly of Warcraft.

Work, work, work.

Seriously though, I like the idea of the opportunity to see a game from an orc's point of view (outside of Warcraft or Warhammer games, or any other strategy-type game with orcs in it--playing orcs as a faction just seems like a different beast from playing an orc protagonist).
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Zug zug!

Spiders had a promising start in Faery, so I'm interested to see how this one comes out.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

lol white guilt.

Graphics look really nice though. I don't think it looks like WoW, since the art style doesn't make me want to vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris View Post
    lol white guilt.

Graphics look really nice though. I don't think it looks like WoW, since the art style doesn't make me want to vomit.
    White guilt?

This looks pretty interesting. I can't see it being a resounding success, but I am looking forward to seeing how this game progresses. I wonder if I'll be able to become invested in an orc trying to take revenge against humans.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Feeling bad about yourself because you happen to be white I guess? Except now its human guilt.

Don't mind me. I just find the whole "noble savage fighting back against whitey" thing really dull. Maybe if they handled it with some subtlety, but something tells me a video game isn't going to succeed where half a dozen films failed.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    This game interests me. I hope we at least get to choose the class of the person we're playing as. Cause from the way it looks we're going to be an assassin/rogue of some kind, and I know some people don't like that playstyle.