Thread: Cthulhu to Unleash His Wrath on Steam

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

Cthulhu to Unleash His Wrath on Steam

Unsatisfied with tearing up the Xbox Live Indie Games platform, Cthulhu is moving his reign of terror onto Steam. He's even bringing some nice extras along with him.

Story

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    YAY! I saw on the Penny-Arcade forums that they hadn't heard anything in a while from their Steam contact. Good to hear it's still launching on the service.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

alright it's not stuck on Xbox live forever!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    This will be the greatest $3 I've ever spent!

I take it the new dungeon will appear where the forgotten one is now? Soulcaster, eh? Yeah, the second one is very good.

I remember Zeboyd saying these new features will be added to the Xbox version in a title update, but the file size of the game is already nearing the indie game limit. Will all of these new features make it to the Live version?

Zeboyd? Yo, dude! *poke, poke*

Now there is no reason for anyone posting on these forums to not play this wonderful game.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticprime View Post
    Now there is no reason for anyone posting on these forums to not play this wonderful game.
    Sure there is they could be posting from the iphone/android device *two finger point pose*
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

Quote Originally Posted by TG Barighm View Post
    I take it the new dungeon will appear where the forgotten one is now? Soulcaster, eh? Yeah, the second one is very good.

I remember Zeboyd saying these new features will be added to the Xbox version in a title update, but the file size of the game is already nearing the indie game limit. Will all of these new features make it to the Live version?

Zeboyd? Yo, dude! *poke, poke*
    Yeah, the new bonus dungeon is where the forgotten dungeon was located in the previous version.

The new version on XBLIG will include all of the extra features of the PC version. The limit on XBLIG is 150MBs and the most recent build of the game is 144MBs with pretty much everything new already added (there's still a little more code I need to write, but code takes up next to no space compared to art & music assets). So we made it under the limit, but we won't be able to add anything else major to the game after this (other than bug fixing and the like).
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Has a release date been announced yet?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shoptroll View Post
    Has a release date been announced yet?
    ^This. I need to know what day to jump on this.

Probably next month (putting the finishing touches + the various paperwork/administrative stuff). Once a date has been set, we'll let you know.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.