Thread: First Trailer for Neptune Mk-II

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

First Trailer for Neptune Mk-II

The first footage of Neptune Mk-II is all fluff and cute girls and a little light on the gameplay. It does, however, provide proof that giant robots can make anything more exciting.

[Link]

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Have to say, the environments already look a thousand times better than the original. Is there actually hope for this one? Unlikely, but still. It might be a bit of an improvement.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Agreed, the environments look fantastic compared to the original. Need to see some combat, however, as the last one's bored me to tears.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff GaijinMonogatari's Avatar
    Part of me is hoping this one follows in the footsteps of Too Worlds II and Magna Carta 2, and somehow manages to be good in spite of its predecessor.

The other part of me isn't holding its breath over it.

Similarly, I like the concept enough where I'm willing to buy the sequel, even if I end up not liking it again.
    <span style=\'color:#009966\'>I miss my old prettiful sig.</span>

I have the first one and stopped playing it. It got boring fast, doing the same things and the battle system was bland. Not holding out hope on the second one unfortunately.

Meeeeeeeh. I'd be shocked if this gets localized anyway.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

I didn't learn anything! MasterChief's Avatar
    It's Compile Heart. Chances of it not sucking are slightly less than nil.

"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by omegabyte View Post
    Have to say, the environments already look a thousand times better than the original. Is there actually hope for this one? Unlikely, but still. It might be a bit of an improvement.
    Me thinks that WHATEVER these games are trying to accomplish, it's aimed at a VERY-specific audience... and it just hasn't hit us right, I guess? After reading all of the horrid reviews, I avoided the first game like the plague and I'm really wondering if I should have. I hate bowing to reviewers and missing out on otherwise great games because of them. *sigh* But all saw in that trailer was something be afraid of... be VERY afraid of it.

It looked to me like a Pokemon SNAP! kind of game instead of a REAL Action/RPG hybrid from that trailer... I hope my fears are not justified into thinking that.

Yes, but don't forget, Compile Heart ALSO did the first game as well. So... I suppose you can make your own judgment from there.

But then again, remember the unlikely license of the Record of Agarest Wars games... ANYTHING is possible it seems. ^_^
    Last edited by reionpremente; 05-21-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Their target audience is very perverted teens I guess.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.