Thread: NIS America Announces Atelier Totori and Cladun x2

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar

NIS America Announces Atelier Totori and Cladun x2

Dungeon crawling and item gathering are going to be the in thing this summer, as NIS America shares two new titles for RPGamers. It's a summer of sequels, though one of these games should have been titled "I Am A Sequel."

Story

Cosmo Nova RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Gaijin won't care much since he can play Totori anyway, but I sense a happy Nyx.
    'The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.' So this is it, huh folks?

Very excited for more Atelier games.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/496/theharv00.png

Cladun was fun, but felt like it was missing something. May the sequel fill in whatever that was, I'm willing to give it a shot to find out.

Is Totori more like Rorona, or the Iris/Mana Khemia titles? I know they are the odd ducks in the series, but they're the ones that I really enjoyed, and Rorona was a sadly unpleasant surprise for me.

Quote Originally Posted by freykin View Post
    Cladun was fun, but felt like it was missing something. May the sequel fill in whatever that was, I'm willing to give it a shot to find out.

Is Totori more like Rorona, or the Iris/Mana Khemia titles? I know they are the odd ducks in the series, but they're the ones that I really enjoyed, and Rorona was a sadly unpleasant surprise for me.
    I think it's more like Rorona because those games are related together with ... Mireru? who are a trilogy.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Melvia (axe user in article) is too cute for a warrior. Way too cute.

You can compare/contrast her design with Medute from Blaze Union. Medute with her weapon in this screenshot.

Loved Rorona to pieces was a charming game, so I'm very excited, and I think that NIS never disappointed their fans, Namco should learn one or two things from them.

I haven't played more than an hour of rorona, but it is a startlingly beautiful game. This one looks to be no different.

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief

Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff Nyx's Avatar
    Because Jumes says I haven't fawned enough over Totori...

OMGIWANTTOTORINAO. Want it. So badly. I loved Roro (as my 4.5/5 shows for it) and I expect nothing less from Totori!

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    I freaking love the character designs in this game. they're just going for the cutest and most healing look they could achieve. It's like you just look at Totori and suddenly the world is a better place. I can't wait to play Rorona and then play this one.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

I pretty much knew it was coming but nice to see confirmation on Totori coming over. I've been meaning to give Cladun a shot and haven't yet so now I might just wait for the sequel.