Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2 PS3 - 50 Screens, 19 Art, 1 Del. Packaging

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2 PS3 - 50 Screens, 19 Art, 1 Del. Packaging

Massive metallic mauling awaits in these images taken from the upcoming Original Generation title. As is rarely the case, this game actually has a chance of release outside Japan, so await its Japanese issue with more hope than usual.
    First the screens.
    Then some art.
    Last, an enormous box set with the Inspectors anime that will cost big bucks.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    It looks awesome but I can't put together what kind of game this is by looking at the screenshots. There aren't any gauges or button information displayed and EVERY scene has someone talking. So, are none of these screenshots of player-controlled actions? What type of gameplay does this game have?
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    It looks awesome but I can't put together what kind of game this is by looking at the screenshots. There aren't any gauges or button information displayed and EVERY scene has someone talking. So, are none of these screenshots of player-controlled actions? What type of gameplay does this game have?
    It is a Fire Emblem-style tactical RPG with really flashy 2D-animated attack animations. All the screenshots are of said flashy attack animations, rather than the tactical grid map where player control takes place.

This game looks beautiful. It is nice to see all these familiar characters, plus a few I have never even seen art for before... Ariel Org and her Geist is a big surprise. So is the new Wild mech Latooni is piloting. And Altairlion, finally! I want this game so very much...

IF this makes it around this way I'll be preordering the second I see it~! That said, I won't hold my breath....

If you're wondering where I've been, I found out about this three days ago and have been in a perpetual state of squee for the rest of the time.

In other news:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, BANPRESTO

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    i guess that's the point i was trying to make.

If we'd actually gotten the last to OGs games, I might actually have some hope. But alas, we didn't.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    This ETERNALLY.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    It is a Fire Emblem-style tactical RPG with really flashy 2D-animated attack animations.

When we say "flashy", we mean it.

Since SRT is usually tied to a "included series" list, the animators spend a lot of time making sure the animations for each robot are faithful to the series they come from, and as the series in general rumbled into the PS2 era, they refined this down to a goddamn art form. However, since the Original Generations stuff are things they've basically invented from scratch, it allows them to do some really funky stuff with both their unit design and their animations.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

I can even see Bandai releasing model kits.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKaiser View Post
    I can even see Bandai releasing model kits.
    For some reason, a lot of the SRT stuff is actually done by Kotobukiya. I've got several of their kits already. Bandai makes money hand over fist with Gundam anyway.

I still have never seen an Angelg model. And that makes me very, very sad.

well well, look who it is randal77's Avatar
    SUPER ROBOT WARS SUPER ROBOT WARS

YOU BETTER TRANSLATE THIS ONE INTO ENGLISH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also more models sounds good too.

...wait, the title is SRW:OG2 ? So this is another remake of the GBA one we've already played?

Quote Originally Posted by randal77 View Post
    。..wait, the title is SRW:OG2 ? So this is another remake of the GBA one we've already played?
    No. The two GBA OG games were redone as "SRT Original Generations" on the PS2. So this is following on from that and Original Generations Gaiden.
    Last edited by Quin; 05-20-2011 at 07:43 PM.

well well, look who it is randal77's Avatar
    Man, that's a relief.

Time to go back to shouting TAKE MY MONEY BANPRESTO! TAKE IT!

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    I have very mixed feeling about kotobukiya model kits, I keep hoping bandai will recalim the toy rights so I can get an mg alt eisen.

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    Based on the pictures with Hugo and Aqua visibly doing things, it looks like OG Gaiden really should've been called OG 3 instead. Which would make this OG 4... nah, I don't need the headache, it still makes a lot more sense than a lot of movie series anyway. Go Banpresto, make the first PS3 entry shine.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

New Member New Registered User
    I have to say, I find it impressive that there are 50 screens available, and not a single one of them gives an idea of the gameplay. xD

I get that it's a strategy after reading everyone's comments/watching that video, but I still find it humorous.

I suspect that you can chalk it up to SRW being such an institution that EVERYONE knows exactly what kind of gameplay SRW has. At least, everyone in Japan.

It would be nice if this got released overseas. I really enjoyed the two on the GBA.