Thread: Persona 2 Coming to North America

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

Persona 2 Coming to North America

The arrival of Persona 2: Innocent Sin in North America was probably inevitable. It is also inevitable that this news will trigger a celebration.

[Link]

Awesomesauce!!!
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

This will be a day long remembered.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Wooooo0000!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I am looking forward to this more than any other title. More than Diablo III or Guild Wars 2, and those have me drooling whenever a new update goes live. This is going to be a good fall!

I should be excited for this, but mostly, I just wish Atlus would get back to making great RPGs on the home consoles like they did on the PS2. But then again, that's more of a problem with Japan in general.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    I will get this game Day One.

RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff Wheels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeboyd Games View Post
    I should be excited for this, but mostly, I just wish Atlus would get back to making great RPGs on the home consoles like they did on the PS2. But then again, that's more of a problem with Japan in general.
    Well I should think that will happen now that the Persona team is done with Catherine.

Have towel will travel Member shoptroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Well I should think that will happen now that the Persona team is done with Catherine.
    I thought they were already working on a "Next-Gen Persona" project before Catherine was announced.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!

I'll probably get it. I have P3: Portable and Persona that I haven't even opened/played, though I did play Persona 3 on the PS2.

i can post! thanx paws! Maudren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSuzaku View Post
    This will be a day long remembered.

Damnit I came into the thread with the express intent on typing just that!

anyhoo, this news is epic! I remember playing an import/bootleg of this when it came out and finally got stuck about 10 hours in due to language barrier. Imagine my surprise when I went to gamefaqs for help and I was PASSED their progress (at the time).

Had to give up but now, it's game time.
    sup?

This coming out almost makes me regret importing the thing years ago. Almost.

I've only played Persona 3 Portable, yet I have the entire English SMT series. I've got some catch up to do >XD
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaku77 View Post
    I've only played Persona 3 Portable, yet I have the entire English SMT series. I've got some catch up to do >XD
    Yes you do. As a warning, none of the games are easy, and I say that because in a majority of them, if the main character dies, it's game over. And the enemies WILL exploit that by constantly targeting the main character in every way, shape, and form. I can't tell you how many times I got killed in Nocturne because the enemies all aimed at the MC for 5 turns, even though I had 3 other demons destroying them. <_<

I wanted this game so bad I got a "fan translation", burnt it to a disc, bought an expensive PSX swap disc, and do a bizarre "Open the PSX cover and press the disc spin button" ritual everytime I want to play.

So happy it's coming out here!

So, this game is an awful remake for the following reasons: the wider screen shows you off-screen elements not meant to be seen, such as NPCs standing behind closed doors waiting for their conversation cue to enter a room. They removed all swastikas, and Hitler is now called Fuhrer--and has sunglasses on. All references to homosexuality have been removed. All of these are from the mouth of Tom, the guy who translated the PSX version of Persona 2: Innocent Sin. I trust him implicitly.
    Check out my in-development indie-RPG, Valor Seed at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-playing-game