Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ESRB Reveals Final Fantasy V for PSN

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar

The ESRB Reveals Final Fantasy V for PSN

Once again, the ESRB is a wonderful fountain of leaks concerning future releases and descriptions of sprite cleavage. This time they have posted all of the dirt on Final Fantasy V, so come see it for yourself.

[Link]

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    If it's the same as the Europe (which appeared on PSN last month, don't see why it wouldn't be) then it's going to be the PS1 version (it's got the Anthology logo on my PS3/PSP anyway).

Also ESRB descriptions of games are great.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

MEH! Not remake = No buy. I still got FF Anthology discs.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Code: Kirin RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    The GBA version of FFV is the one I own. Never having compared it to the PS1 version personally, I can only go off hearsay that proclaims it better-translated, without load times, with some nice extra jobs, and overall the better of the two English releases.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Severin Mira View Post
    If it's the same as the Europe (which appeared on PSN last month, don't see why it wouldn't be) then it's going to be the PS1 version (it's got the Anthology logo on my PS3/PSP anyway).

Also ESRB descriptions of games are great.
    I just recently discovered the joy of reading ESRB descriptions with The Witcher 2 console leak post. Awesome. It's like reading the Cliff Notes of all the dirty stuff in a game.

I find it curious how FFV Advance got an E rating when it had everything the T rated FFV PSX did, including this boss referred to in the ESRB description, completely unedited.

Given that the GBA version of this and VI have extra stuff, I don't see the big deal with these being released. It would be much more exciting to have the "Advance" version to play on a big screen. (Although with the gameboy player that is indeed possible =D)
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDest...7?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Typho View Post
    I just recently discovered the joy of reading ESRB descriptions with The Witcher 2 console leak post. Awesome. It's like reading the Cliff Notes of all the dirty stuff in a game.
    The only thing better for unintentional humour is (imo) the Nintendo download press releases.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Hahaha. That boss' breasts aren't covered by cloth! That's a snake! I haven't finished it and since I have completed 6-13, I kind of feel obligated to try again. Then I can add another one to the list.

And the Witcher 2 is coming to consoles?! How come that wasn't released as news? JOYJOYJOY!

Staff Healer RPGamer Staff TwinBahamut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungyin View Post
    I find it curious how FFV Advance got an E rating when it had everything the T rated FFV PSX did, including this boss referred to in the ESRB description, completely unedited.
    Maybe it's the FMVs that were added to the PS1 version? I don't think there is much in there that would be any worse than that one sprite, but it is hard to tell with the ESRB.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryZoltan View Post
    Hahaha. That boss' breasts aren't covered by cloth! That's a snake! I haven't finished it and since I have completed 6-13, I kind of feel obligated to try again. Then I can add another one to the list.

And the Witcher 2 is coming to consoles?! How come that wasn't released as news? JOYJOYJOY!
    In reference to the Witcher 2 comment, the REASON it hasn't been mentioned is because CD Project RED still hasn't committed themselves to the project as of late. They WANT to possibly do it, but nothing has been etched in stone yet... although why they don't just let Bandai/Namco release it like they did the PC version, I'll never know.
    Last edited by reionpremente; 05-30-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinBahamut View Post
    Maybe it's the FMVs that were added to the PS1 version? I don't think there is much in there that would be any worse than that one sprite, but it is hard to tell with the ESRB.
    The PS1 version IS the one with the cutscenes, yes. Just as it did for VI and IV and Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger reference: I'll never forgive the DS version for cutting out MOST if not ALL of the cutscenes out but oddly enough, they kept the opening cutscene? Curious.

Did Amano-san ever have any art for Faris, and what she REALLY is supposed to look like? I get the feeling it could be really interesting! ^_^
    Last edited by reionpremente; 05-30-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reionpremente View Post
    The PS1 version IS the one with the cutscenes, yes. Just as it did for VI and IV and Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger reference: I'll never forgive the DS version for cutting out MOST if not ALL of the cutscenes out but oddly enough, they kept the opening cutscene? Curious.

Did Amano-san ever have any art for Faris, and what she REALLY is supposed to look like? I get the feeling it could be really interesting! ^_^
    ...Oh boy... Did he ever draw art of her! Faris is his second favorite character to design for. While he didn't quite go overboard like he did with Terra, Amano made numerous Faris designs and poses:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Faris#Gallery

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    It'll be reported as news as soon as it is actually news.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

CD Projekt has said their will be a new Witcher game announced at E3 and that "console gamers might be interested in it". It's very likely that the game is The Witcher 2 for consoles, but it could also be an entirely new game designed for consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Clix View Post
    ...Oh boy... Did he ever draw art of her! Faris is his second favorite character to design for. While he didn't quite go overboard like he did with Terra, Amano made numerous Faris designs and poses:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Faris#Gallery
    She looks oddly like Celes. ^_^ Not that there's a problem with that... I've always felt sympathetic for her though. But Faris was pretty good looking. It sure doesn't show very much in the game sadly. I would've liked to see her look like THAT in the game SOMEWHERE. *sigh* I'm honestly amazed Bartz didn't go after her. ~_^
    Last edited by reionpremente; 05-30-2011 at 07:38 PM.

A Witness to Destruction Moderator DarkRPGMaster's Avatar
    FF5 on the PSN? Score! A shame the script from the GBA version won't be in there. I did love to see Bartz' intelligence getting poked fun at constantly.

Well as always with these games I'm not interested since I already own a copy or two, but my hope is a lot of newer FF fans will go back and play the old ones just like I did after I got initiated by FFVII.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of the Heroes: Trails in the Sky / South Park: The Stick of Truth / Volgarr the Viking
    Broforce / Shovel Knight / Duck Tales Remastered / Final Fantasy 3 PC

here we go with the bad translation again(I've played both)...oh and possibly randomly locking up on the save screen as this is what my PS3 does when I try to play the disk version. I don't know if the emu ISO version will do this tho...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon

My VAPS Entry,

Its really sad that they currently live off re-releases of their very old games.

This shows that they dont really know how to make games of such caliber anymore,
    and that they are desperately clinging to the success they had in the past.