Thread: Tales of More Xillia Trailers

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar

Tales of More Xillia Trailers

We've got more Xillia action than you can shake a scary sock puppet monster at. Whether you prefer dramatic cutscenes or battle footage, you can find it behind the link.

Tales Thread ground rule: All posts that are not focused on Tales of Xillia will be deleted with prejudice.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I love how Tales brings out the worst in people.

Xillia is looking pretty epic.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    The environments are gorgeous, but I'm still not sold on the new character model style. Also, what's with the 2 minutes of footage in the second trailer of characters climbing up walls? Sure, it's a new thing for Tales, but it's hardly new in the gaming world. Seems strange to devote so much time to it in the trailer.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

I LOVE the new character model style. They're much more to scale with the actual world and it helps make this Tales game stand out from the others as a larger game than it predecessors.

And I for one welcome the ability to "climb walls", "leap off ledges without getting hurt", and "crawl into crannies in search of paths". It's nothing new in the gaming world, but for Tales it's new and is a step, even if a little one, towards a better exploration experience in the overworld. The fact that the trailer showcases this extensively means that it's going to be a prime element, which I like.

I'm short, I'm sold on everything except the main character Jude, who looks like another typical Japanese anime main character who gets surprised at every little thing. His design doesn't particularly stand out either, as a little less detail to his model could qualify him for NPC status.

I'm in favour of the new character models; the Tales series has been in need of a facelift for a while now.

I liked how the skits worked on footage and also it may have a good story.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Any game may have a good story; I don't understand how you can tell from a two minute trailer, though I hope you are right.

Looks good, and the stripper can definately lay out the whoop ***. And yes from now I'll refer to her as that.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D

That Guy You Hate RPGamer Staff omegabyte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconNooB View Post
    I'm in favour of the new character models; the Tales series has been in need of a facelift for a while now.
    I've nothing against the new art style, it's the way the models are built that I find odd. I don't like the plastic 3D look, it's not as bad as SO4 but it's pretty close. Give me cel-shading any day over whatever kind of shading they're using here.

In some areas it looks ok, but in others its really jarring, especially when they get in close on the characters' faces. I dunno, I'm just not feeling it.
    Last edited by omegabyte; 06-01-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimeMan View Post
    Looks good, and the stripper can definately lay out the whoop ***. And yes from now I'll refer to her as that.
    C'mon she is covered up enough even if I can see her panties in 1:50.. I had seen other characters that can easily use stripper clothes like in Nier and the character models don't look plastic at all, They're using water paint like Abyss.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    I think it'd be super-awesome if she were called by name. Milla.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I REALLY hope we get this too. ^_^ I'm going to try to not say anything to slam Bandai Namco anymore IF we actually get to see this one. But with Tales of Graces and Tales of the Abyss 3D coming next year, we may not see this one till '12 or maybe even '13 if worse comes to worse. But I have high hopes that they'll do their best to help us out here.

This game looks like it's going to be great. Personally, I can't wait to see it. PLEASE PLEASE Bandai Namco let us have this!
    Last edited by reionpremente; 06-01-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Screw waiting, day one import.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

The art style I agree... it looks alright, but the characters look almost like they were just color-formed onto the screen and don't really look that detailed as opposed to the Tales of Vesperia characters. They actually looked like they were moving but these... I dunno-- it definitely feels like they're not really a part of the environment at all. I do like it that they're actually talking without that annoying grid though... that's a VAST improvement over Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Symphonia. They're actually talking to each other on the world map this time! Which reminds me... some day soon I've got to actually FINISH Vesperia AND Symphonia. =P

This game looks fantastic. It always felt like to me that the 3D Tales of games lacked a charm due to their cellshadedness. The new models, however, is hitting all the right notes and the character designs are different enough to get my attention. I hope it makes its way over here, with Japanese voices since it features some of my favorite VAs, though I just might import it if it gets enough favorable responses.

I really hope that this isn't one we miss out on; this is the Tales game I'm most looking forward to.

Can't you hear the drums? SuccessorM's Avatar
    OK, I really want to play this game, and I am not sure why. The Star Driver Costumes are a big plus for me, for sure, though. But the new style for the character models is so, organic. I want to experience that more. The battles look awesome yet visually stunning.

Guess its time for me to finally pick up Tales seriously. Need to finish Symphonia (and possibly pick up Dawn of the New World, my Wii isn't doing anything else...) and pick up Vesperia.