Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPG Backtrack: Episode 46 - Dirt Rage

Cosmo Nova RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar

RPG Backtrack: Episode 46 - Dirt Rage

We go back into wacky worlds of farmers who want to live peacefully and get married. Something is very different about these games, however, and it comes in the form of some monsters that need to be disciplined with corporal punishment.
    Rune Factory, anyone?
    'The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.' So this is it, huh folks?

Devious Dungeon Master RPGamer Staff jcservant's Avatar
    Hmmm...awefully quiet! No one has anything to say about Rune Factory? Eh?

Err... there is not much I can say about Rune Factory. /)^_^;;

I liked playing all iterations of the Harvest Moon games, but I never got around to play Rune Factory.
    After listening to this podcast, I was thinking about getting Rune Factory 3 like you guys recommended,
    to check this series out. ;D

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Do it, do it! It's fun!

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

I liked this one. It definitely made me think that if I was going to play a Harvest Moon style game that Rune Factory was the way to go. Alas, I don't have the right hardware.

As for the shout-out about me. Sorry you guys took the Wiki critique hard. I understand why you needed to do it, and it was nice to hear that you guys attempted to find an alternative source prior to recording. Alas, I am unable to drink when listening because I generally listen to you guys during my very long commute to my job (4 hours a day) or when working out. So unfortunately both require me to be sober. That said, I don't mind when you guys wax long. I personally found your podcast about Valkyrie Profile to be the best, so as long as it is under 3 hours, I'm pretty tolerant

I'm interested to hear you discuss Fire Emblem. I have only played "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn" which I found to be interesting, but not overly amazing. I'm excited to hear how it fits in with the remainder of the world. I got kind of turned off because when they originally came out (for some handheld) the first game ended on a cliff hanger. It made me not want to play, as I generally find that kind of annoying. I do often think of the phrase "Silver haired maiden." When I see a young girl who has decided to dye her hair silver.

I was happy to hear you guys mention Xenogears. I would adore a podcast dedicated to it. I have a lot of love for that game, so I would be happy to hear others gush, but also critique it without the rose colored glasses I have.

Keep up the great work guys. Each week you guys improve, and you are getting close to a big mile marker (Episode 50). If you need anything from fans, who are poor, let us know!!!

BTW. You guys should go back to the giveaways

All I have to say is, Phillip I liked you a lot, but now you are Yada, yada me... pfff!!! I like Sam a lot more now LOL

ok ok just kidding, I still like you but don't ever do that to me LOL

As for Rune factory only have/try the first one, I really liked what I did play of it, and you say the 3rd is even beter that is very good news!!!
    So I should skip the 2nd then? Anyone have the same lag issue as Miss marshmallow did?

Don't ever do what to you? I have a short term memory, hahahaha. You'll have to remind me.

I don't know about you, Ombres, but after listening to the ladies, I'm going to stick with RF3 when/if I get a chance to play. Sounds like one is really beefy enough to last some time. And who knows? By the time you get done with RF3, RF4 or something better will be out, ya know?

P.S. Yada Yada? Really. Shoot. I've hardly said much these last few episodes, since they're about games I don't know much about. You just wait. You haven't seen yada yada yet! MwhHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Can't wait to heard all about it yeah yeah, I have to say it, you crack me up! LOL

For the record I listen to this at work. So the longer the better for me. Also do the Xenogears backtrack and make it 10 hours. Thanks.

LOL. I hear ya!

Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff Fowl Sorcerous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KisakiProject View Post
    For the record I listen to this at work. So the longer the better for me. Also do the Xenogears backtrack and make it 10 hours. Thanks.
    so, just talk over one of the cutscenes, then?

GOOD one!! LOL!!!

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    I've GOT to play Tides of Destiny. You have a freaking golem named after the first being that ever lived in Norse Mythology, Ymir! And he can just rip a chunk of earth right out of the sea floor and hold it up while you climb onto it and explore?! Pure genius!
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

Where are you guys?

Now I expect a super long podcast! You've been gone 1\2 a month.

We miss you! Well....I miss you. But i assume a lot of other people do too!

Cosmo Nova RPGamer Staff JuMeSyn's Avatar
    The trite but accurate phrase 'technical difficulties' could suffice, but I'll use another word so that you know exactly what form those technical difficulties manifested as: virus.
    'The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread.' So this is it, huh folks?

Releaser of Heavy Metal LegendaryZoltan's Avatar
    Uwaaa! That sucks. I hope you guys can get everything back to normal soon. Of course for myself to listen to the backtrack but for you guys as well.
    Like RPGs? Then you will like my RPG comedy show. Watch free RIGHT HERE!

FaceBook | Twitter | Website

oh no! That is terrible news. I'm a technical novice, so there isn't a lot i can do to help. But if you need help with sound stuff, i'm pretty good at that. I hope you guys get it back up and running. I've missed you so much!

Well...long story short...I got a virus on my computer the day we recorded. Chris was nice enough to record for us (though I wasn't able to be on the show at all). I spent the next four days reinstalling programs so that I could, among other things, edit sound files. Unfortunately, I then had to leave town for five days. Sigh. I'm FINALLY back in Salt Lake and will be editing and uploading the show as soon as I can...at this rate, it will run right into the next show and we'll have two at the same time. Yikes!

is not declawed RPGamer Staff Ocelot's Avatar
    Yikes, welcome back to the computing world, JC.

Twitter: BeckyCFreelance