Thread: White Knight Chronicles II Trailer and Incorruptus Info

Angel-Possessed Priestess Administrator Strawberry Eggs's Avatar

White Knight Chronicles II Trailer and Incorruptus Info

With only about two months before the release of White Knight Chronicles II, D3 Publisher has revealed some information and media on the Incorruptus. Which knight strikes your fancy?

Story
    Last edited by Strawberry Eggs; 06-01-2011 at 04:57 PM.
    "Tiz, please. You're getting bumpkin all over my feral bikini woman fantasy. "

While I'm looking forward to White Knight Chronicles II after finally beating the first one, too bad the world's largest gaming markets, notably the North Americans, will get access to this title last.

For instance, Europeans, Australians, and New Zealanders will get access to this title from June 8 - 10. (Source: Wikipedia)

Don't quite understand why the English version of White Knight Chronicles 2 is being released in UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand first, but not Canada and USA regardless of who publishes this game? Doesn't make sense.

I hope that in the future, in an effort to promote fairness, if English versions of the game are released, it should be released in all English speaking territories at the same time, especially USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Great Britain, Ireland, and South Africa regardless of the game's publisher.

Secondly, they should be using one publisher for the same game, not two different ones such as SCEE/SCEA for Europe/PAL Zone and D3 Publisher (division of Namco-Bandai) for North America as the case of White Knight Chronicles 2.

Once again, this is not about entitlement, its about fairness.
    Last edited by TheMoose; 06-02-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Any news what the Avatar's Incorruptus will look like?

Yep... Those Europeans will be a higher GR than we when we get to play. This game should be released simultaneously across all regions. Not that it maters since I'm just a GR11 stuck in the game.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

I saw this embarrassing display at my local Gamestop the other day. A customer had found out the pre-order bonus for WKCII was a copy of the first game. He was livid about this, having paid release MSRP for the first one, and began to swear up a storm. The employees asked him to leave; he did, then began to kick a pillar outside the store. They called the police on him, and he started arguing with THEM! I could not hear fully what was said, but I was stifling my laughter nonetheless.
    Check out my in-development indie-RPG, Valor Seed at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-playing-game

For the White Knight Chronicles 1 portion of White Knight Chronicles 2, I wonder if the Experience Level cap will remain at Level 50 or will it increase to Level 99 or higher to be in sync with White Knight Chronicles 2 portion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
    For the White Knight Chronicles 1 portion of White Knight Chronicles 2, I wonder if the Experience Level cap will remain at Level 50 or will it increase to Level 99 or higher to be in sync with White Knight Chronicles 2 portion.
    It will be Lv.80 if I'm not mistaken.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff Severin Mira's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
    Secondly, they should be using one publisher for the same game, not two different ones such as SCEE/SCEA for Europe/PAL Zone and D3 Publisher (division of Namco-Bandai) for North America as the case of White Knight Chronicles 2.

Once again, this is not about entitlement, its about fairness.
    The issue is with this 'fairness' argument comes when considering companies like Atlus who do not have a European division. There's frankly a lot of other issues that may not make it so easy, particularly regarding distribution costs, marketing etc that may simply not make it possible (especially with 'smaller' publishers like D3). This doesn't including possibe cultural issues like rating systems (which I know has screwed Australia over several times, not to mention The Witcher being censored in the US).

It's also worth bearing in mind how us Europeans have felt for the past twenty years. Surely we get a year or two of our own back? (Seriously, it's really hard to not enjoy watching the complaints after putting up with it for so long.) This is another reason why region-free will forever be awesome.

edit - maybe a 'fairer' way to consider it would be the opposite way around. Why should one region have to be delayed because the publisher in another region is having issue with not enough staff/less effective staff, disagreements with various organisations etc.
    Last edited by Severin Mira; 06-02-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)

Severin Mira, D3 Publishers or "Domain 3 Publishers" are mainly a subsidiary of Namco Bandai, meaning they are not considered a small company.